1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Corporations!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 22, 2015.

1. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

ok sorry man

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Start a new thread, guys, this is the Corporations thread. Once you've started it, edit and clear these posts and we'll talk about maps elsewhere. :)
    G

3. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Actually, communitas map is pretty related to corporations, because it is the only map script, which tends to cluster several luxuries around the same spot.
    Probably it will be the only map type where you would see corporations.

4. Funak

Funak Deity

Why do you always sound so sure of yourself when you're completely wrong? All maps clump specific resources together. In fact I can't even remember the last game I did not get a monopoly in. The maps are designed so that you get enough of one resource near your starting-area to get a monopoly.

Also I apologize for how rude this sounds.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

He's right, all map types tend to create monopolies, most if not all of my games have had a monoply on one resource

The only thign i can think of that Communitas would do is to place unique luxuries on the "new world" area.

6. Funak

Funak Deity

By the way, Gazebo, by the following quote:
    did you mean actual Monopoly resources or all resources related to the corporation?
    I assume it is the second, I just wanted to make that clear.

7. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

Let's talk about the map over there on the new map thread. Let's take it as understood that monopolies can be achieved on the map and talk about the corporations.

8. Gazebo

The second element, yes.
    G

9. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

For the little it is worth, remember how I said I never had a strategic monopoly before (25%)? I finally did. Somehow my start location had 5 tiles of iron, each with 6 iron units... apparently those 30 units were more than 25%. Hurray, I got a pop up about the monopoly.

That being said, it also described that there would be something even better in terms of monopoly at 50%, maybe it said true monopoly reached at 50% (rather than just some combat bonus, maybe it was a hammer bonus for each iron tile).

Only reason I go into that is to ask if these Corporations will respect only the 50% monopolies (whether for luxury or for strategic), or if they'll also open up eligibility if you get one of those 25% style strategic monopolies?

10. Funak

Funak Deity

Getting a strategic monopoly as Russia is pretty easy I managed to grab two 6iron tiles and that was enough. Could probably reach true monopoly with some sub-par settling but I doubt that would be worth it. Still 10% combat-strength isn't bad.

11. Gazebo

True 50% monopolies required. 25% is just for the combat perks for strategics.
    G

12. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

I can think of lots and lots of ways to make this more complicated. :crazyeye:

13. Gazebo

Status update!

The Corporations are done, and the code is 'feature-complete.' Moving on to testing and debugging the lua and city-based functions. AI is trained, primed, and ready to incorporate as well, which comes along with some enhanced logic for trade routes (AI should target trade routes a little better overall). I've uploaded a short album of pictures for you to peruse to look at the interface, art (not all of which is permanent, mind you), and buildings. So far, I'm really happy with how it has turned out. It feels like a natural extension of trade routes, yet isn't too complicated. Anyways, here's the album:

Corporations!

Cheers,
    G

14. Funak

Funak Deity

Looks solid, maybe I'll actually force myself to play a game into the lategame to try it out :D

15. Natura

Natura Warlord

I notice that you specifically state that corporations can only spread to major civilizations, not City States. If there a reason for that Gazebo? Corporations in the real world don't exactly avoid smaller nations and it devalues the policies in Patronage and Freedom that give you bonuses when you connect your trade routes to City States.

16. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

I think they should have a good interaction where they add bonuses to you for mercantile city states but don't really make them any happier with you, and that add bonuses to the amount other types of city states like you.

Like:
    A trade route to a mercantile city state gains additional revenue.(+1 gold and +1 gold for every 4 offices in the corporation)
    A trade route to a non mercantile city state from a city with an HQ causes that city state's influence to degrade at a reduced rate. (-0.01 to decay for each office in the corporation)

But I am not sure that LordG is going to add more complicated mechanics (at least at this pre-launch stage), he asked us to avoid over complicating this thing.

That having been said, city state interaction really makes sense thematically. I have been foaming at the mouth with ideas about utilizing the 25% monopoly to make non-unique mercenary companies that benefit the mercenary tree. I really want to see the first iteration and get a feel for it before I get any ideas for how the thing should be.

17. Gazebo

These pictures are from day 2- I've since added minor civs as possible targets (was dealing with performance issues at the time, but they've been solved).

G

18. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

Tell us about the details, is it simply that they can host the destination buildings?

19. Gazebo

Yep.
    G

20. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

And is that one total per city/city state, or can i host a destination UB from 2 different corporations in one city?

I'm no artist, is somebody supposed to draw you some pictures, or 'find' some or what is the plan there?