COTM 07: First Spoiler (End of Ancient Age).

Open.
Going for Domination with Republic for first time in C3C.
Typical expand peacefully, then start taking some cities with Horses.
I took notes, but they look too long. Highlights:

Moved my Settler W-W to find a great city (eventually), but no food bonus.
Warrior -> Barracks -> Settler -> Warrior

2710 BC Found second city next to gems instead of game. Mistake.
1550 BC Found third city next to game.

1150 Found Graz to get Horses.
1100 Going for the Cows. Figure I'll at least get some workers, before it flips.
1050 Trade HorseBR for IW
1025 Found Krems with double Cow
1000 5 citites. 13 Pop. QSC = 3207 (crpmapstat 2.8.1) Things feel pretty hopeless at this point, but I'm going down fighting.

pre 750 ... Maybe there is a little hope. Paris has pyramids due in 8. She sounds like a perfect first target. Only 2 spears currently.

310 BC Take Pyramids. But Palace jumps to better place!
230 BC Very Lucky. Raze new French Capital. It had quickly went from 6 to 7 pop.

10 AD It must be Christmas. France just built Great Library next door!

100 AD Germany demands Iron. I deny him, and he "Admires my back bone" Says he was just kidding. Ha Ha. Very Funny...
150 AD 1st Leader! Thanks to Germany. Make Horse Army.

...somewhere in here I get to Republic. And it kicks some serious booty over Monarchy imo.

490 AD Beaten up French and Germans. 2nd MGL. Better go after Ottomans soon, who are leading the way.

Research MT, and then shut it down.

720 AD Golden Age fighting with Ottomans. Things are looking good. I'm gettting like 250 gpt, and no happiness problems.

pre 750 AD turn - Everyone I know, declares war on me. Darn Ottomans must have bought them in.
:mad: Vienna is captured by a roaming Russian effing Settler pair. :cry:
I lost 17 gold. Capital, which was making Hussar every 3 turns jumps to game city. Where it should have been in the first place.
750 AD Retake capital, and get 30 gold back.

Current situation: 820 AD, I'm close to top in Power Graph, and other continents are just starting to make an appearance locally. I just set out a Galley about 3 turns ago.
820 AD

This is the most fun game, that I've stressed about the most. Great Setup! :goodjob:

Hope I make it to the end.

Attachments

• 1000beecee.JPG
    1000beecee.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 820ad.JPG
    820ad.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 146
Settler N, worker west and spearmans on the mountains.

Settled, Pottery 90 %.

Scouting around and and settling west, game cleared and irrigated, roads built to gems south and incense north.
Aided by forest clearing, temples in both ressource cities.

CB 90% and Polytheism, gaining me Alphabet, Bronze Working and wheel and monarchy at 50 turns min research, iron working traded and 150 gp for HBR.

Decided to go for swordsman judging from the terrain, producing swords..

Attacking with three swords, two die, two spearman die, great..

Buying writing.

Founding Kufstein on the Ruins of Reims next to dyes

530 B.C. everyone builds wonders with techs I don't have.

Lucky with Paris, though 3 swords break through, conquer the Hanging Gardens built before... better than nothing, capture 4 slave workers

Could get peace with France for two techs and one city, I decide to try for another city..

490 B.C. France dows Ottomans? (Why?)

450 B.C. Lyons taken, 2 more slaves, seeing other french towns without ressources, i decide for peace to build up more troops and take on another adversary as to not allow them to become stronger. I fish for a leader with elite troop, no luck. I make peace for two cities and mathematics and code of laws, leaving France with 2 cities.

Next turn everybody is in the Middle Ages with me still researching Monarchy, ah well..

Next target, Germany, they are behind the mountains, but at least they are near and don't have the Great Wall..

Germany does retreat.. blast, I attack them

330 B.C. Lienz right on the russian border pop rushes temple, hope it will help

310 B.C. Ottomans bully me for 33 gp, I pay, like so often before

300 B.C. Dow and taking of Leipzig, pop rush another temple.

290 B.C. And Heidelberg is taken, making Vienna not a border city anymore, yay, Intercepting 3! Settlers making zounds of slaves, well this Austria isn't as historical anymore..
Paris pop rushes temple

270 B.C. More leaderless elite wins, but I pop rush spearman and temples all over austrian France, Silks city taken, considering peace, another attack spots german wine city, reconsidering consideration

250 B.C. German-Ottoman War escalates with Spain joining against Germany

210 B.C. By loosing 5 swordsman in one round I decide to peace Germany for the 4 techs seperating me from the MA. no wine for now

130 B.C. Russia invades my territory, but has dowed the Ottomans, no interest in RoP I dare not to ask them to retreat

30 B.C. Ceterum censeo Gallia esse delendam, or in other words, I mop up the remains of France, Literature from the Russians for Silks and 40 gold, yup should make my northern flank safer.
Other news, Lienz is again right at the russian border as the culture expands, i really fear for the city.

10 A.D. My elite units perish like flies, yay

I had extreme fun with this game, but wait for the second part..:(

Top Bottom