COTM 15 Pre-game Discussion

Jove said:
Sooo... you're suggesting manually replacing the in-game graphics files. I always assume there's a way to click to everything from within the game itself.

You can set up a scenario or conquest to use special files without replacing game files. Like if you want a PTW epic game with Snoopy's terrain I think there's a PTW scenario you can start. But if you want to take somebody else's non-sceneario save and play it (as in xOTMs and SGs) then you'll have to replace the default graphics if you want them while you play.

In short, if you want to change the graphics for your xOTM experience you'll have to manually replace the default in-game graphics files.

@Puppeteer: Thanks. xOTM is all I play anymore, so that's the route I'll have to go. Hopefully somebody else is learning from this. I can't be the only one here who isn't a tech wiz!

Hi all.

I've tested also a 20k game ( in fact a start ), but I'm a little bit dissapointed. :(
Did anybody tried to build his/her "Wonder's City" near the coast ( at the end of the river, near the gems ) ?

Regards

Moderator Action: Please don't discuss the active game in any thread other than the official spoilers. It's ok to talk about a test game, but players cannot reply to your question about the live game.

After finishing GOTM45 in a couple marathon sessions, I'm getting a late start on this one. After flipping a coin, I've decided to go east with my settler & worker. I'll build a warrior or 2 before starting a temple as a granary pre-build. Research will be Writing, CoL & Philosophy for the Republic slingshot, then back for Literature and the Great Library. I'll then shut down research and concentrate on expansion & infrastructure. I'm going to go for either diplomatic or space ship on this one. I've decided to have a smaller, more manageable empire than I just had with Russia. A question to the gurus out there. If I'm correct the OCN for a standard map is 16. With the FP that goes to 32 and being commercial, the number jumps to 48 (right)? I'll use OCP to build my city count right to the OCN limit and then stop expansion and concentrate on improving the land and infrastructure. With a little luck, I'll find a couple of distant SCI tribes to help me speed my research. I'm targetting the Great Library in the AA, with a GA initiated by War Elephants in the MA to snatch Bach, Leo's and get me the tech lead to grab Smith's & Newton's as a springboard to the IA wonders.

I also just ended Gotm45 and join this discussion when there's nobody left to post here :(

It looks like the E cow is on the river and will get one more commerce than the W cow, won't it? So with this tile worked every turn, that might sum up a slight advantage. So unless W cow by surprise provides two shields I will settle E.

I will not build TGL, because asl ("a small library") is more valuable to me - I'm always too impatient to wait for the AI to research on lower difficulty levels...

goal will be conquest for the first time - I wonder if I will be able to disband captured cities... :mischief:

Looks like a fun game. Can't wait to start tonight. :drool:

I'm getting a late start on this one (I've already finished GOTM46, however). I love the "tearing" dilemma that faces us as we begin. I will not complain a bit though, and wish we had more of these tough decisions at the start of every game. It's a good problem to have, for either way you win. :) At the moment, I am planning to move East to settle, and that way, I can definitely get a couple of core cities on rivers for increased commerce. I hope that the 2nd river some of the fog-gazers saw is truly there, and I hope that the source of this river is not a huge fresh-water lake or the coast... (I know, we are in the middle of Pangaea, but, it could be an oddly-shaped map...) If that is the case, I can kiss my plans of a nice, equidistant core goodbye. :crazyeye: Well, it's time to play. Looks like great fun! :)

Damn, I won't be able to finish on time...

Too busy with work.

I'll have a word with my boss.

I guess it's no use posting my results after the closure date?

Xar: Play as much as possible then submit what you've completed. They started accepting resigned games for those people unable to finish a month or two ago.

Welcome :wavey:

... also check the submission page deadline:

submission page now said:
We are currently accepting submissions for .... and C3C COTM 15 (2 days 20 hours)
Time zones mean you have longer than you might think.

OK, I'll submit as soon as I get home, so I'll make the deadline.

Not that I'm victorious though.

Maybe better luck next time, let's hope I get more free time then.

Top Bottom