COTM106 Mongols - First Spoiler - Middle Ages and All Contacts

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
COTM106 Mongols - First Spoiler - Middle Ages and All Contacts

This is the first of two spoilers for COTM106. In order to qualify for posting in this thread, or for reading further than this post, you must have played the game into the middle ages and you must have made contact with all opposing tribes.

Please do not post about anything that occurred after the middle age era change.
Please do not post minimaps.
Please keep maps that you do post to an area confined to roughly 20 X 20 tiles centered on the start location.

We all enjoy well written accounts of players'exploits, and appreciate it when people make the effort to post. So how are you getting on?

Suprisingly friendly bunch, when I have right of passage agreements with everyone except Iroquois - must be the Regent level despite their heightened agression. I'm going towards Monarchy rather than Republic, as I want to rely on building advances myself, and will soon be at perpetual war. I'm going to build cities close around the capital and rely on Keshiks - just pumping them out in preference to anything else. I do have one city nicely placed and spaced to produce helpful wonders - it's already produced the Mausoleum and the Statue of Zeus. I've been stock-piling horse-men ready to attack the Iroquois as my first target. Then as keshiks build, I hope to sweep anti-clockwise around the island one civ at a time.

I expanded around my capital as rapidly as possible and got a few towns. I pumped out a ton of horsemen and wiped out the Iroquois, which has given me a nice corner of the island to myself. Not kidding, about two turns after finishing off the Iroquois, the Mayans declared war on me. Well, so far that seems like its a big mistake for them! Especially considering I yielded two army leaders from my Iroquois war!

So far the game is going well. I've been a longtime Civ fan, but never realized I played a minor league game until I started participating here! One strategy I have applied is not building any Wonders, because in the long run they can be a waste. Well whatdya know, it made waging war against the Iroquois a heck of a lot easier! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom