CP/ExCE - Jungle Improvements

Stef09

Warlord
I'm playing with a.o. CP, JFD gameplay mods (incl. ExCE) and several civ-mods. This provides the situation that Jungle tiles cannot be entered until Optics is researched and units can have immunity for this (so able to enter earlier).

Some of those civ-mods (e.g. Olmec, Kuikuro) provide unique improvements for Jungle tiles and I've noticed that, even though workers/peasants/GP may have Jungle immunity so able to move into Jungle before Optics, they're still not able to build the improvement in the Jungle before Optics is researched. This also holds for regular improvements like plantations. Imo, the moment a unit is able to enter a Jungle, it should also be able to perform earlier mentioned, unlocked improvements (like with other tiles).

Is this a known limitation in the CP-logic (DLL?), deliberate design or perhaps just a forgotten development?

thanks

It's JFD's limitation. As far as I know, he has GameEvents.CanBuild which enforces the fact that you can't build anything in the jungle for the same reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom