Crash upon initializing new game

wagboy

Chieftain
I have a problem. Whenever I begin a new game, it freezes while initializing. I wait for about 5-10 minutes and nothing happens. However, it worked once and the game ran well. But, once again, it will no longer initialize a new map. Is this a common bug or am I missing something? I have Patch A, which seems to be the most recent. Fall From Heaven 2 Vanilla works fine.

Has anyone experienced this before. If so, could you give me some assistance!?

Thanks,

I loved the one game I was able to play. It was great!

Fall From Heaven 2 Vanilla works fine.

I sincerely hope you didn't mean Vanilla civ there.

Fall Further only supports Civ 4: Beyond the Sword, v3.19. If you have an earlier version of BTS, you'll need to update. If you don't have BTS at all, what rock have you been living under the past few years ? :), you simply can't play FF without BTS

I'm having a similar problem with perfectworld2, it has always been very slow to generate but right now in FF sometimes it just freezes (i.e. it keeps on initializing and playing the music for HOURS if I let it be ) , while some other times it works fine, although it does take a while. my guess is that the pc is being overwhelmed and surrenders.

I sincerely hope you didn't mean Vanilla civ there.

Fall Further only supports Civ 4: Beyond the Sword, v3.19. If you have an earlier version of BTS, you'll need to update. If you don't have BTS at all, what rock have you been living under the past few years ? :), you simply can't play FF without BTS

No no lol. Sorry, I meant the regular FF2 and not the modmod fall further.

Which mapscript did you use? Some people have reported issues with load times on Erebus when using Peak Softening settings.

I was using erebus and perfect world. However, I was not using peak softening settings. I will try a small map on different map settings and report back presently.

[to_xp]Gekko;8308820 said:
I'm having a similar problem with perfectworld2, it has always been very slow to generate but right now in FF sometimes it just freezes (i.e. it keeps on initializing and playing the music for HOURS if I let it be ) , while some other times it works fine, although it does take a while. my guess is that the pc is being overwhelmed and surrenders.

I wonder... I know that there used to be a bug where if you chose a beast race, then ff2 would not initialize. Has fall further had similiar issues before?

I played a game as the lizard race on a fractal world with all other settings on normal (speed, temp, etc.), and the game initialized. So it is not a beast race problem, but more than likely a erebus map problem. Is there any way for me to get around this or am I just stuck?

In any case, I love this mod and is a great alternative to BTS.

thanks ahead of time for the help,

Top Bottom