crashes after 1.17

mongolhorde

Chieftain
I have never had problems with civ3 but last night after installing the new patch 1.17 my game crashed to desktop 3 times during one hour of play. If I remember correctly, it crashed when I tried to open one of the advisor windows.

Has anyone else had this problem?:confused: :confused:

I just had a different kind of crash...Less than one hour after installing the 1.17f patch and starting up Civ III, I get the message "Error in SOUND.DLL, Civilization III will now close." I'm not sure if this is what you experienced but obviously there are a few problems with this patch, although my game did crash a few times (in 2 months) before I got the patch.

:mad: :nuke:

are you using onboard (motherboard) sound or a sound card? I had the same problem until I disabled onboad sound and installed a Soundblaster card.

I have the same crash, and I'm using a sound card (soundblaster) and I never experienced it before installing 1.17f patch. I have a different kind of crash too, Civ3 crashes when the Great Wall is built... :suicide:
Anyone can help ? :cry: :(

I have the same crash, and I'm using a sound card (soundblaster) and I never experienced it before installing 1.17f patch. I have a different kind of crash too, Civ3 crashes when the Great Wall is built... :suicide:
Anyone can help ? :cry: :(

Top Bottom