1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashing Issues

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Redcoat1, Dec 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Redcoat1

Redcoat1 Chieftain

Civ IV, BTS, Bug Mod, Noble, me vs PC,
    PC, Windows 10.

My game has started crashing due to two messages coming up prior to the crash.
    Sometimes it crashes on its own, it always crashes when I Click on a particular Civilization to have a trade etc.

This shows up during the start process:
    upload_2020-12-9_9-44-4.png
    It does not crash the game immediately.

The other shows up on occasion when I do a Save Game.
    upload_2020-12-9_9-48-38.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I suspect a corrupted file but I am not savvy enough to fiddle with the CIV files on my own.
    Redcoat1

2. f1rpo

f1rpo plastics

@Redcoat1: Hopefully the issue has resolved itself by now. If it hasn't ...

Perhaps you're somehow loading the Vanilla Civ 4 version of CIV4CursorInfo.xml. That could explain the first error message; the paradrop cursor tag is only present in the BtS version of that file. Do you have Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4CursorInfo.xml in your BtS folder? Or is there a file CIV4CursorInfo.xml in your BUG mod folder or in the BtS Custom Assets folder?

The sound file that wasn't loaded should be located in the Vanilla Civ 4 folder under
    \Assets\Sounds\Resouces and Improvements\QuarryWorked.wav
    Do you have that file?

3. Redcoat1

Redcoat1 Chieftain

Thanks for the response. The two issues noted have wandered off. I have issues getting BTS to load properly sometimes now. I’m using a laptop with a hdmi attached external monitor. It appears BTS gets confused on resolution. This affects the laptop sometimes even with the hdmi cable unplugged.

4. f1rpo

f1rpo plastics

Is the wrong resolution (say 800x600) selected on the options menu when that happens, or is it showing the correct resolution, but it's not properly applied somehow? I wonder if it might help, as a workaround, to set the resolution (ScreenHeight, ScreenWidth) in My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini and then set that file to read-only. Though this would prevent the game from remembering any changes to options that are made through the options menu. Or perhaps windowed mode would help(?).