Crashing with Mods

Bjornalf

Chieftain
so I seem to be having trouble when playing with mods.. not sure if I've picked outdated stuff, too many mods or stuff that conflict but I get crashes a lot at different points. If I try DX11 mode the graphics are garbage (z-fighting and flickering black shapes coming from random things).. here's my list of mods if anyone could help?

Spoiler Mod List :
Appeal, Loyalty and Prestige (Diplo VP) Font Icons - Leugi
ARS – Improved Goody Huts v1.3 - Arstahd
Infixo’s UI Mods Collection
Better Costal Cities and Water Tiles – p0kiehl
Better Desert, Snow and Tundra Tiles - p0kiehl
City Lights - Albro
City Lights Compatibility Patch – Geminus Leonem
Civilizations Expanded
Climate Balance Complete Pack – JNR
Configurable Goody Huts – Sailor Cat
Desert Woods – Sailor Cat
JNR’s District Expansions Collection
Environment Skin: Sid Meier’s Civ V – GrrrArrrg
Fresh Water Infrastructure – JNR
Improved City Names - SeelingCat
Incan Mountain Start Bias Boost – Sailor Cat
Meteors Spawn Metals – Sailor Cat
Phlair’s Cultural Units – Classical & Nordic
Prettier Lakes – p0kiehl
Prismatic – Color and Jersey Overhall – Seelingcat
Quick Start (Linux, Mac, Windows) – Odin Vex
Random Meteor Bonuses - p0kiehl
Religion Expanded – Sailor Cat & SeelingCat
Renewable Energy Complexity – JNR
Rosetta – Dynamic City Names – SeelingCat
Sukritact’s Civarium Collection (minus Egypt and Khmer reworks)
Sukritact’s Global Relations Panel
Sukritact’s Terraformery Collection
Sukritact’s Wat Arun
Terra Mirabilis – Deliverator23 & Salt
Tomatekh’s Historical Religions
Tsunami Waves – p0kiehl
Unique District Icons – Sukritact
Vegitation Variety (for Civ V skin) – JNR
Vibrant Waters (Prettier Water Textures) – p0kiehl
Wetlands – JNR
Wonderous Goody Huts – Sailor Cat
Zebenji’s Additional Religions
[GS] Leugi’s City Styles Pack

I've had similar issues. AFAIK, during the last update the devs introduced an "asset limit" to try to reduce crashing and instability. However, this seems to have had the opposite effect, as many people (myself included) have experienced crashing when trying to run a game with a lot of mods installed. The only advice I can give you is to disable and uninstall all of your mods, then slowly add them back in to see how long the game remains stable and with what mods.

I had a game that suddenly became very crashy and I worked around it for a while but eventually I couldn't and had to abandon it. I figured it was just some random combination of factors and started a new game, which was going great, but I saved, quit, and just now loaded it, it ran fine for 1 turn and crashed. Same as the other.

So this seems to be a result of the latest update, and the only way around it is to not only disable but uninstall my mods? That's crazy talk! I will try keeping a small set of core mods and disabling the rest and see how that goes. Stupid game updates.

I had a game that suddenly became very crashy and I worked around it for a while but eventually I couldn't and had to abandon it. I figured it was just some random combination of factors and started a new game, which was going great, but I saved, quit, and just now loaded it, it ran fine for 1 turn and crashed. Same as the other.

So this seems to be a result of the latest update, and the only way around it is to not only disable but uninstall my mods? That's crazy talk! I will try keeping a small set of core mods and disabling the rest and see how that goes. Stupid game updates.
I should have probably clarified, you don't necessarily have to uninstall all of your mods. I just did that myself because I didn't want to spend 2+ hours going through them one-by-one until I fixed the problem. But yes, this problem unfortunately does seem to be mod-related.

I've had similar issues. AFAIK, during the last update the devs introduced an "asset limit" to try to reduce crashing and instability. However, this seems to have had the opposite effect, as many people (myself included) have experienced crashing when trying to run a game with a lot of mods installed. The only advice I can give you is to disable and uninstall all of your mods, then slowly add them back in to see how long the game remains stable and with what mods.
Thanks.. I'll try that.. I've already removed all the mods to check if they were the problem (surprise surprise they were) so I'll add them back a few at a time.. Just hoped it was that I was using a mod that was too out of date or conflicting with another so it'd be an easier fix.

Thanks.. I'll try that.. I've already removed all the mods to check if they were the problem (surprise surprise they were) so I'll add them back a few at a time.. Just hoped it was that I was using a mod that was too out of date or conflicting with another so it'd be an easier fix.
Glad to help.

Top Bottom