• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Creative Writing Thread

Disenfrancised

Beep Beep
After the controversy over in the Alt History thread, where it faced a realization over its previously unstated rules on Plausibility and factual accuracy, I thought it might be a good idea to produce a new thread after seeing how some other forums manage it.

What this thread is for:

*Time lines you think are low plausibility, but that people will enjoy.

*Stories of all sorts, without a particular bent on telling an alt history or involvement in a NES, indeed this would be an excellent place to put stories set in the timelines and maps of the Alt History thread.

*Anything that doesn't belong in any one NES, is more solid than something you'd put in an while we wait thread, and doesn't stand up to the realism and consistency standards that the Alt history thread requires.

*Speculation on things that would have too great an effect on real history to be realistically evaluated - such as alternative geography and environments.

What it is not for:

*Realism and hard criticisms of facts (though stylistic suggestions, and criticism of how people write are welcomed)​

EDIT: Post removed.

Very nice! :goodjob:

Thanks. Ever since I was a kid I have tried to read about Rome and that just kept my daydream of spacefaring Romans going. So one day I sad screw it, I am gonna write my own stories about them instead of waiting for someone else to do it. :D

The story I wrote after this one was on the Siliconate war that is mentioned here. That story is just shy of 100,000 words, so really classifies as a novella. :lol:

It was these two stories that prompted the timeline effort as some readers had asked for it.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I think I see a pattern here. ;)

I'm assuming he means something in the Alternate History thread, although I'm not sure what exactly.

Anyways, I was thinking of a possible alternate Cold War where relations broke down completely over the Berlin Wall and Western Europe mobilized forces to tear it down.

Anyways, I was thinking of a possible alternate Cold War where relations broke down completely over the Berlin Wall and Western Europe mobilized forces to tear it down.
Now that's implausible. :p NATO was never anything more than a glorified speed-bump to slow the USSR down until American forces could arrive. Their bureaucratic wrangling over the decades and utter failure in places like Kosovo and Afghanistan are evidence enough of that.

Now that's implausible. :p NATO was never anything more than a glorified speed-bump to slow the USSR down until American forces could arrive. Their bureaucratic wrangling over the decades and utter failure in places like Kosovo and Afghanistan are evidence enough of that.

Eh, they're good at bombing things. :mischief:

Seems like Red Storm Rising takes the theoretical NATO-Warsaw conflict as far as it can logically go before degenerating into nuclear warfare on a widespread strategic scale.

Top Bottom