Croatian Civilization

Croatian Civ mod

Features Croatia as playable Civ with authentic city names, two leaders and a special unique unit.

Leaders:

Tomislav - First King of Croatia
Traits: Spiritual and Philosophical
Favourite civic: Organized Religion
Descripion

Nikola Subic Zrinski - Ban of Croatia
Traits: Financial and Creative
Favourite civic: Hereditary Rule
Description

Josip Jelacic - Ban of Croatia
Traits: Aggressive and Expansive
Favourite civic: Nationhood
Description

Ante Starcevic - Pater Patriae
Traits: Industrious and Organized
Favourite civic: Emancipation
Description

Unique unit: Mechanized Guard Brigade
Type: Mechanized Infantry
Strenghth: 32
Abilities: 20% to intercept
Promotions: March, Commando
Description: Equal to other Mechanized Infantry in all aspects except the Commando promotion which allows rapid deployment into enemy held territory. This unit represents the Croatian Garde Brigades that successfully ended the wars in Croatia and neighbouring Bosnia-Hercegovina by rapidly advancing after breaking through enemy lines in a series of battles, like Operation Flash, Storm and many others.

Other feature: Unique UU names, uniqe sounds and diplo music

A big thanks to LAnkou for assistance in earlier versions with flagdecal and the knowhow and support.

Download link: click
If you notice any bugs please contact me. I hope there aren't any.

A big thanks to LAnkou for making the FlagDecal and thus helping me to finish this mod.

you're wellcome!! :)

anyway, nice job.

I will put it in Superciv when i will have enough time, there is still 9 civ (including Hrvatska) to include, so be patient...

Glad to see you've made yourself a decent mod for Croatia.
I've been there, done some peacekeeping in your part of the world.

Really don't know how to talk to you, too many memories. Sorry.
But I wanted to say, good work on your mod.
Hope everything is working out for you all these days.
(Zagreb? Been there. I've been all over. :D )

Luv_Muffin said:
Glad to see you've made yourself a decent mod for Croatia.
I've been there, done some peacekeeping in your part of the world.

Really don't know how to talk to you, too many memories. Sorry.
But I wanted to say, good work on your mod.
Hope everything is working out for you all these days.
(Zagreb? Been there. I've been all over. :D )

Hi! Glad you like the mod! Well, the war ended long ago, life goes on. Its nice and quiet in these parts nowadays, one of the safest places in Europe. Come visit next summer. There's no place like Dalmatia. :cool:

Can you play Srbija mod and Hrvatska mod at the same time? :D

Not yet, apparently. I left him a message is it possible, as I'm not sure how it al works...

nice job.. ;) ...i took over the world with Croatia....and superciv mod is totaly good.. :D

Well, here's my reasoning. The name Guard brigade would be somewhat misleading, since theyre not really meant to guard. The concept was for them to provide an alternative strategy to regular gameplay. Instead of making tanks the bulk of your forces, mechanized infantry takes their place and is supported by airforce.

Airforce weakens the enemy, you use a tank or two to break their front lines, and then Garde brigades pour through the breakthrough and deep into hostile territory and wreak havoc. Sounds familiar?

So, I went for a bit of fancier name(Delboy Trotter would support my choice) since Guard would imply defence only and would be more apropriate for some kind of unique machine gunner. More of a WWI scenario unit.

I think unit is an excellent choice, they really proved effective in war, and as you say, they aren't really tank heavy.

Historically Guard brigades does not imply defense at all (stražarske), at least to me. The term does come from elite troops whose task was originally to protect the commander (like the famous Napoleon's Garde), but later it extended to mean elite troops in general. For example, in WW II, Soviets had them and so on.

Anima Croatorum said:
Illyric provinces. Ergo, Croats. :D
Illyric provinces weren't in Croatia only. :)

BTW, nice location you have there. Too bad the English don't understand it.

I'm suprised u didnt pick Ban Jelacic as one of the leaders..

also just curous.. why do English call us "croats" we call ourselves "hrvati" its not even close to the same..

Top Bottom