CSD compatibility

Spheniscine

Chieftain
It seems strange things happen when using this mod with CSD:
1. Various Patronage policies have rather confusing help text; Philanthropy shows a TXT_KEY placeholder, and reference outdated things like School of Scribes and Postal Services. I have no idea what they actually do.
2. When using CSD v22, the new national wonders (World Trade Organization, Palace of Science and Culture, and Hall of Honor) can be constructed no matter what your ideology is.

It seems strange things happen when using this mod with CSD:
1. Various Patronage policies have rather confusing help text; Philanthropy shows a TXT_KEY placeholder, and reference outdated things like School of Scribes and Postal Services. I have no idea what they actually do.
2. When using CSD v22, the new national wonders (World Trade Organization, Palace of Science and Culture, and Hall of Honor) can be constructed no matter what your ideology is.

I think you have something not set properly in your options, CSD & CEP have been working together fine for some time now.

But, just to be sure, could you provide a saved game and your logs?

Doesn't seem to change anything.

Have you cleared your civ 5 game cache? That's a common problem that can mess things up, especially if you installed the mods at different times (they build a 'common' cache, which can include bad data if two mods change the same thing).

Other than that, I'd try verifying the integrity of Civ 5 in Steam. This seems like a database issue, which is almost always one of these two things.
G

Have you cleared your civ 5 game cache? That's a common problem that can mess things up, especially if you installed the mods at different times (they build a 'common' cache, which can include bad data if two mods change the same thing).

Other than that, I'd try verifying the integrity of Civ 5 in Steam. This seems like a database issue, which is almost always one of these two things.
G
Yes, I have cleared the cache.

I found said references to schools of scribes and postal services in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\Text\en_US\CSD.sql ... does anyone else have that? Also I'm using Communitas v3.15.1 if that matters...

edit: Reverting to Communitas v3.14.1 mostly fixes it, except that Philanthropy still mentions "School of Scribes".

Yes, I have cleared the cache.

I found said references to schools of scribes and postal services in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)\Text\en_US\CSD.sql ... does anyone else have that? Also I'm using Communitas v3.15.1 if that matters...

edit: Reverting to Communitas v3.14.1 mostly fixes it, except that Philanthropy still mentions "School of Scribes".

I know that CEP kept some of the language like that for the non-DLL version of CSD– they may want to remove that now, as the features of CSD with DLL make the non-DLL version laughably mediocre. Up to them, as always.
G

For whatever reason, Thalassicus has pulled 3.16 from the GitHub repo. I have provided a link to the latest build here.

Top Bottom