• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Okay, so just FYI, this is the current focus for Tribal Americans: some kind of way to facilitate very wide empires with much unimproved land, with a mix of faith to support this, and to encourage the formation of a confederacy-like system with CSs, as well as the combat bonus vs. more advanced units.

In my mind that sounds like the best way to do that is to either provide some kind of bonus for unimproved tiles, or make it so it takes longer to build improvements/more gold to maintain them.

I don't know much that can be done with faith that would reflect these civs without stepping on the toes of any UAs, but I would think that the Conquest of the New World scenario would be a good place to start.

Yes, I want to incentivise keeping tiles unimproved, rather than force it. Currently, I'm thinking something like faith on unimproved tiles, and then faith from unimproved tiles serves as food when cities are starving/stagnant. This might not be enough to warrant forgoing Farms, so this faith might be converted into other things as well.

Great, can't wait to give the update a go!

As for the Tribal Americans how about:
- Culture cost of acquiring tiles between your cities is reduced by 50%
- May work bonus resources in the forth ring of cities

Although I have no idea if these are possible

Just did a couple of rounds on the updated version (and was sort of testing my new machine to see which mods, and how many of them, can run on it). Was playing as Byzantines on ynaemp's large Europe and managed to get to writing first, but several turns later I got pop-ups alerting me that St. Cyril and St. Methodius were born in distant lands, and it continued for several turns (Poland was the final one many turns later). There was also this weird thing where stationing a unit in a city increased or decreased happiness by 2, (the honour tree wasn't adopted).

I'm not 100% sure if it's the mod itself or another one (I did have a lot enabled) so I'll come back and update this post after some testing (probably tomorrow afternoon or night)

The mods that were enabled include:
Spoiler :
- More Civilizations - The Ayyubids (v1)
- More Civilizations - Tuscan Civilization (v2)
- More Civs YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v1)
- Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v10)
- Emigration (v5)
- Ethnic Units (v29)
- Full Option Start (v1)
- Great Prophet Historical Names (BNW and G+K) (v29)
- Health and Plague for BNW (v7)
- Historical Religions (BNW or GK) (v39)
- JFD: Cultural Diversity (v2)
- All of your civs excluding Hitler's Germany, Nicholas' Russia, Soviet Russia, Switzerland, The Franks and the Papal states (they're all up-to-date)
- JFD: YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v1)
|---> Side note: Hungary spawns around two tiles from where Kiev Spawns and sometimes Budapest is still on the map as a city state and Zurich also spawns where Lübeck is when Switzerland is not enabled. Also a lot of city states also disappear from selection in World Builder if HRE is enabled. [back on topic now]
- Tomatekh's Mali (v29)
- Tomatekh's Pontoon Bridge (Brave New World) (v7)
- Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v22)
- YnAEMP only Europe CS for BNW (v1)

EDIT: I can confirm that the happiness thing was from another mod, it stopped after I removed emigration.

Is Denmark going to be grouped with Germanic, or is there going to be a Baltic (Denmark, Sweden Norway, Dorium Maltias Baltici) group?

Is Denmark going to be grouped with Germanic, or is there going to be a Baltic (Denmark, Sweden Norway, Dorium Maltias Baltici) group?

What? Baltic group? I have a strange feeling that everyone here has different 'Cultural Division' :crazyeye:

This mod does not support Oriental Orthodoxy from Tomatekh's Historical Religions mod yet.

Uhm... What does it exactly mean? :crazyeye:

By the way, I am not sure if -30% to Steppe research isn't too much...

Also, remember about few of my ideas - maybe there is anything good here ;)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13102222&postcount=81

Yeah, from what I've gathered there will be a "Northern" group with all the clan-based civs (Celts etc.), viking-like (Denmark, Norway) and all the rest that is focused on being pagan (Lithuania). Sweden will be in the "Central European" group involving Germany, Austria etc, so those more organised kingdoms and states, as shown in Civ 5 by their choice of leaders / uniques.

Just did a couple of rounds on the updated version (and was sort of testing my new machine to see which mods, and how many of them, can run on it). Was playing as Byzantines on ynaemp's large Europe and managed to get to writing first, but several turns later I got pop-ups alerting me that St. Cyril and St. Methodius were born in distant lands, and it continued for several turns (Poland was the final one many turns later). There was also this weird thing where stationing a unit in a city increased or decreased happiness by 2, (the honour tree wasn't adopted).

Urgh. I recall specifically fixing this issue. I'll look into it again. I don't know if the happiness thing has anything to do with my mod, but I'll take a look.

Okay, I've updated the download link with a few fixes:

• Fixed issue where other civilisations to reach their "First to Tech" objective would achieve this even if another civilisation had already.
  • Fixed issue where non-combat units were taking damage from entering Eastern territory.

Special thanks to Sukritact for helping me try and bugfix the first issue.

There is an issue I left unresolved, brought to my attention. This is for when you start in an era later than a unique technology that you aren't normally supposed to research, you'll receive this tech and its associated bonuses. I will fix this with the next update, as it'll require a bit more time and seems fairly low priority.

For the next update (assuming no more major bugs, this will be the Tribal American update), I am considering making Eastern scouts defensively stronger than regular scouts. In the brief game that I played, I really enjoyed the faster borders from faith, and the attrition damage saved one of my workers from being stomped by a barbarian, but I still feel I'd like something a little more self-evident.

Also, don't be surprised if the next update is actually the High Americans, rather than the Tribal, as I've settled on a much more solid base, and it might be quicker to get them done than the Tribal Americans.

Hey JFD I spotted High Americans and Native American Tribes files in current version :0

What's going on?

Hi, I wanted to say that I love this mod and its purpose, and I was thinking that the cultural diversity could be going even further, by replacing, for example, the advisors and era splashes with cultural specific ones, like in the example posted here, where I made the Chinese ones. What do you think?

Attachments

• chineseadvisors.jpg
    chineseadvisors.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 137
  • era_medievel.jpg
    era_medievel.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom