Cultural Leader: W. Shakespeare

Lovely! He put a huge smile on my face. I just have to find a role for him. Culture-bomb? Maybe Shakespeare's Theater can auto-produce him. Thanks a lot!

No, autoproduction doesn´t work for "culture bombs". The unit must be created with the enslave-option. The unit is used very well by the AI and gives much fun and nice additional options in gameplay. Up to 4,000 points of culture can be given by such a "culture bomb" in C3C:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7241760&postcount=5

Nice unit!
I wonder who will be the Industrial Era Great Artist?

There exists a real great unit in Civ 3 that is used as great artist in CCM for era 3 and 4: Elvis:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7243001&postcount=9

For mods, that only perform in the industrial and modern era, Charlie Chaplin could be a nice addition. :)

I never really liked the king unit standing there either. At least two of them have magic attacks, and there's a Munit Monty with 2 Jaguars Warriors. 3 down, 28 to go!
Yes, you can make an m-unit with a couple spearmen, a King and a Herald/Bannerbearer/Army guy, but, still…

No, autoproduction doesn´t work for "culture bombs". The unit must be created with the enslave-option.

Ahh, you are of course right. What confused me was that (in my mod) I let shipments upgrade to a unit, and these units can be sacrificed if they originate from a captured rival shipment. If they're produced by me, they cannot be sacrificed.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Totally, sword/dagger fight, a phosphorescent skull for special effects. I never liked the Firaxis King units just staring while units battered the crap out of them.
The only problem is that he currently doesn't have a dagger or a sword at his belt. I would have to redo all the animations to give him one. Maybe it's worth it, but it would give the next unit some delay... you guys are tough with me! Next time I will show more previews so that people can comment before I start rendering. I usually don't like to be sent too much impossible but cool features that I won't be able to accomplish, but I admit a dagger isn't such a big deal and it would look very nice on him. Maybe I can work a bit more on the suit's texture too. More work :sad: ... (but I like it).

There exists a real great unit in Civ 3 that is used as great artist in CCM for era 3 and 4: Elvis:

I know Elvis exists, but I want to use Elvis only for the modern era. Perhaps Charlie Chaplin or Buffalo Bill Cody could work for the Industrial Era.

Or perhaps a certain Austrian painter with a mustache...

The only problem is that he currently doesn't have a dagger or a sword at his belt. I would have to redo all the animations to give him one. Maybe it's worth it, but it would give the next unit some delay... you guys are tough with me! Next time I will show more previews so that people can comment before I start rendering. I usually don't like to be sent too much impossible but cool features that I won't be able to accomplish, but I admit a dagger isn't such a big deal and it would look very nice on him. Maybe I can work a bit more on the suit's texture too. More work :sad: ... (but I like it).
It's theatre, he can just draw a sword from thin air. He does write the story, you know. :) Artistic license!

If Shakespeare really needs a weapon, for me it´s very clear: Shakespeare´s weapon is a quill. :)

Nice. Now we can have a unit who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. ;)

Hey look who's back! Hi utah!

That's probably because I invoked him in my post about Chaplin ;) Nice to see you here Torey.

@Vuldacon: I was thinking about something like that. I'm not sure about special effects for this unit. I'm going for the dagger.

Yes, I heard the siren's call of the CFC forums ...

I have been dropping in every couple weeks to browse. Unfortunately, I've no time to contribute anything myself—busy with work—but maybe some day.

maybe Shakespeare just yells "Expeliarmus" and the enemy is sucked into a black hole-like aperture.

Top Bottom