Culture challenge !

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
EDIT: if you don't understand my english, tell me please!

Let's imagine the culture challenge!

I notice that when at peace with other civilizations, the game tends to be a little boring, especially for those who have played Civ series a lot. There's nothing as much fun as war (and diplomacy in MP) in Civ.

Additionnally, I noticed that the culture had a little effect in Civ3. Ok, it is better in Civ4, but I want more interactions with the culture. I want complete culture switchings and real culture fights. I want the culture victory to be well earned in a fight, not with a boring long peace.

Now here is the system: your civilization culture would be very fragile, because of constant wars/conquests and high volatility. cultures could merge and dominate pretty easily, and wars would be nearly constant and ravaging, for all the sides, conquests being constant also. The world is not a deadpan figure, it moves constantly, especially at the scale of centuries. The challenge would be to keep your culture safe the maximum amount of time possible. The culture victory would be pretty quick to reach, but it is not to count on the scissions and conquests of your own civ. A culture victory would be very "fast" to get... only considering you manage to keep the same culture! Indeed, the culture of your civ could change by several maneers:

1. Culture emergence. If the civ culture of a foreign civ reaches 1/3 of one civ, the culture points of each civ begin to transfert in a third new culture. At a point, the new culture emerge and switch the official culture of the civ. Every culture efforts are lost.

2. Culture emergence by city. Same as above, but with the cities independantly.

3. Rebellion. If the overall citizen of a country are not enough happy/don't have enough health, they can cooperate and ferment a rebellion. this will cause several cities to fall under the commandement of the new created power and spread enemy mitary units in your territory.

4. Conquest. Of course, if your civilization or one of your cities fall in the hands of an enemy, it would be culturally influenced by him. The attack would be maximized, the defense minimized. This way the better defense would be the attack and constant war would be encouraged.

5. Capital catch. If the capital of one civ is taken, there would be a chance for the entire civilization to fall. All the culture achienvement would be annihilated with this. The player could though attempt to reunificate the remaining cities, but under another culture.

The goal of this is to make a hell of the game in order to make the slight civ conservatism thus the culture conservatism a real challenge. Culture switchings and civilizations falls would happen oftenly even if those does not eliminate the player. It would be a challenge to integrity in the middle of a constent gameplay of fight.

Top Bottom