Culture: Wonder and cascade status - Magellan's in danger

MOTH

Emperor
The Culture Ministry has completed the first bit of analysis. We have found that it is possible that the French will build Magellan's before we can. The Culture Ministry recommends that Zojoji immediately switch to a Palace prebuild and be micromanaged for shields.

Note: does anyone have an accurate means to calculate corruption in AI cities?

Status of our Wonder Builds
Odawara is building Newton's University in 4 turns. It can build it in 3 turns if it uses one of En'Gha's mines instead of a plains.

Zojoji could complete Magellan's in 16 turns by switching the forest to the mine that Fanatikku is currently using.

Status of AI Wonder Builds and cascades
Magellan's:
France started Magellan's in 1110 in Cherbourg (size 6, high shields)
Culture Ministry Estimates 13-16 post corruption spt
Guess is that they have completed about 128/360 and will finish is as little as 16 turns.

China started Magellan's in 1180 in Madras (size 12, low shields)
Estimates 10-12 post corruption spt.
Guess is that they have completed nothing/360 and will finish in as little as 30 turns.

No other nation is building Magellans or any other wonder.

As Mayor of Zojoji, I would support jellin' like Magellan. Minister Provolution has been asking for this Wonder and may chose to delay the Frigate and Galleon he requested from us. If so, then let's do the Magellan Wonder in Zojoji!

Cyc said:
As Mayor of Zojoji, I would support jellin' like Magellan. Minister Provolution has been asking for this Wonder and may chose to delay the Frigate and Galleon he requested from us. If so, then let's do the Magellan Wonder in Zojoji!

Like a fellin..
I agree that Magellan would be a helpful wonder for us to secure. Is there any way we could get Zojoji to make it in under 16? Any MMing?

SaaM

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
Is there any way we could get Zojoji to make it in under 16? Any MMing?

SaaM

If we MM even more at the expense of food (which would kill WLTKD) we could get it in 15 I think. Especially as the Railroad could boost another shield or 2 per turn. It costs us 400 shields, and only costs the AI 360, so we need to make a little boost. We need to be at 27 shields post corruption to get it in 15.

Another option (if there is support) would be to investigate Cherbourg to determine when it will actually build Magellan's. Cherbourg is probablly getting 18 shields before corruption. It isn't far from Paris and small enough that it could have WLTWD for lowered corruption, so my estimate is 16 spt. I'm really not good at corruption estimates, so this could be too high. At 15 spt we go up to 17 turns and at 14spt we get to 19 turns.

MOTH said:
Note: does anyone have an accurate means to calculate corruption in AI cities?
It would be slightly speculative, but I'll calculate it assuming they have courthouses and no WLTKD. Speculating on FP effects would be difficult.

Cyc said:

As governor of Zarnia I support building Magellan's in Zojoji. All other projects in Zojoji would be put on the shelf until Magellan's is done.

I'm guessing that Madras is making 12spt pre-corruption, is 16% corrupt, and is making 10spt post-corruption.

I'm guessing that Cherbourg is making 18spt pre-corruption, is 17% corrupt, and is making 15spt post-corruption.
Actually, Cherbourg could have WLTKD, and would be about 13% corrupt and produce 16spt post-corruption.

MSAV

Put top priority on Magellans in Zojoji, and get the French trade straight asap.
Magellans will be up and running in 16 turns, within that time, half of our naval reform will be in place. When we use our navy, it will have a reach that is 25-33 % faster than normal.

Minister MOTH, as you can see by my post to Governor Blackheart, I have arranged the Laborers in Zojoji to get you the 27spt without reducing the city size for the legnth of time neccessary to build the Wonder. This, of course, is an estimate based on the amount of turns needed to build the FP. Looks like it can be done. :fingerscrossed:

With the apparent support for building Magellan's in Zojoji I will open a poll on this matter to confirm the people's will.

Oh the people know they want Magellan's in Zojoji so why even bother polling!!! :lol:

Have we considered sending a diplomat from our embassy in Paris to investigate the city of Cherbourg? Given our extremely large treasury at the moment, I don't see spending 80 gold to be that big a problem. Especially since it can tell us how well we need to MM Zojoji, or if micromanagement is even necessary. I'm not as worried about the Chinese project, as Madras seems to be a fairly low production city.

I support Ashburnham's suggestion. More knowledge can only help.

A quick, zero-turn chat for that sole purpose would be useful ...

-- Ravensfire

With Cyc's current MM we will get 25 shields per turn post corruption and we have 42 shields into the build already. We should build Magellan's in 15 turns with an overrun of 17 shields. If we were to switch a grassland to a mined grassland we might get to 26 spt (I can't check this without the save) which would build in 14 turns with a waste of 6 shields (and eating most of the stored food). If RailRoads are in place for the last few turns then we can depend less on stored food.

It is my belief that 15 turns will be quick enough. Assuming a 10 turn chat, we will have 292/400 shields at 25 spt. I recommend 6 turns at 25 spt and 4 turns at 26 spt for the next TC. We should then have 4 turns remaining at 26 spt and will eat a total of 22 of the stored food.

In summary, my recommendation is to MM for max shields. I will start a poll presently to perform an investigation as the last action in the upcoming TC (to get the most accurate picture).

Edit: I will not present a poll as it could not finish before the next turn chat. I am currently not in favor of an investigation, as the only possible outcome would be to determine that it was not likely we would get this wonder. I think it is extremely likely that we will build this wonder before france. Someone will need to present some discussion to persuade me otherwise.

Let us conclude the war and the Magellan Wonder in 15-16 turns, and poll a regime change after next turnchat to take place immediately after the building of Magellans wonder. With Veii as winner of the Forbidden Palace, we simply cannot afford monarchy much longer. Still I would vouch for Republic, as Democracy may limit some of our choices in the game. Anyways Democracy is not that bad either.

Top Bottom