Current features and work in progress

faichele

Chieftain
Based on the World of Civilization Core, there is a considerable number of existing mods that were or are merged into the game DLL, plus further new additions that will hopefully enhance the default Beyond The Sword game experience to be even more fun that it already is.

I'm starting this thread to introduce any interested CFC users to these additions to WoC, presenting the additions our team (and I) made over the last months, and what is still on the list of todo items.

Let's start this installment with one of the smaller additions that works quite reliably.

Airlifts for Improvements

Based on the lack of useful airlift behaviour in default BtS, I modified the airlift behaviour of BtS.

With this addition, improvements on plots outside cities can act as origin and destination for the airlift command of units. So, now you can transport your units not only between cities, but everywhere you had a suitable improvement built. Included with this mini-mod is the new airfield improvement. Furthermore, the airport building in cities can now not only do one, but multiple airlifts per turn, allowing for more efficient airlift operations to reinforce an attack force on the other side of your empire that's running out of fresh units :) .

A unit on the airfield improvement

Target selection for an airlift

Airlifting from an airlift to a city

Now the AI (should) understand the usage of airlifts as well.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 591
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 587
Next part in the series, this time another mini-mod that makes privateers more useful: Pirates, Ho!

What does it do?

This mini-mod adds a tag to the unit info XML that allows you to declare naval units as "true" privateers: When a unit (in the mini-mod, privateers are enabled to do this) wins a naval battle against an enemy vessel, there is a certain chance that you capture the defeated ship. This ship then becomes one of your own units, and gets the same abilities as a privateer: Hidden nationality, the ability to attack another player's ships without declaring war, and the ability to do the "plunder" mission. There is another group of tags that allows to specify which types of ships can be commandeered.

When an AI player commandeers another (human or AI) player's vessel, this vessel is set as a privateer type AI unit, i. e. it will start plundering and attacking foreign ships just like any other privateer would, so beware of the Age of Pirates!

Top Bottom