Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Took this list of speed improvements from SoI, are you going to add these in 1.12?
DoC is built on edead's RFC Epic/Marathon mod which already includes most of these features.

The only thing missing is buttons in atlases, mainly because it is inconvenient when there are still lots of changes.

Hard to say, although the difference is noticeable.

I've made the change a while ago, mainly because I like Baba Yetu more.

New commit:
- new Confucian and Taoist URV goals
- Pyramids now also give +25% worker speed

Taoism:
- Compassion: have the highest life expectancy rating in the world for 100 turns
- Moderation: control the Confucian and Taoist shrines and combine their income to 40 gold
- Humility: have legendary culture in the Taoist holy city

How about just 25000 culture in holy or 50000 culture in total? This kind of URV always lead to a waiting game.

The mod folder is in the Mods directory and directly contains the Assets etc. folders?

Not the right Mods folder, it belongs in Beyond the Sword/Mods/.

Please enable Python exceptions and/or logging and tell me what the error messages say.

Does that work? I've never done this before.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 58
Yeah, thanks, that is exactly what I needed.

Turns out I've already fixed this error, but haven't committed it yet. It is online now.

New commit:
- fixed a bug where congresses don't start when announced

(Had to use a workaround because static variables behaved weirdly.)

The feeling when you work on four new features in parallel because you forgot what you were originally working on. And nothing is finished because you start with something new before properly testing the previous thing.

#this kind of feels like a blog post #and this may not be the appropriate medium #i kind of like adding afterthoughts in tags

"Features" is maybe too big a word for it, but let's see:
- adjusting the global war criterion for Congresses
- adjusting the vote on city claims AI for Congresses
- adapting the Mercenary promotion to be assigned to all units hurried with money and give +1 upkeep and inability to upgrade
- remove one of Warrior Code's effects (likely +50% GG birth)
- change England's UHV to capped distance maintenance costs instead of a complete removal
- increase overall barbarian activity at the transition of the classical into the medieval era
- especially increase barbarian activity near China to weaken but not collapse them

You could group them depending on your point of view, four was just the first number that came to mind and seem vaguely appropriate. Also I think I'm forgetting something.

- remove one of Warrior Code's effects (likely +50% GG birth)

Isn't Argentina's UHV pretty dependant on this? Obviously, fixing overall balance is more important than a single UHV.

Top Bottom