Custom Avatars for all!!!

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Actually, Rommel had no problem with Hitler untill the war started to turn against germany.

Rommel actually helped lose the war, his insistance that Germany advance into Eygpt following the fall of Tobruk instead of operation Herkules, the invasion of Malta, doomed the axis in Africa.

His defaet at Alam el haffa was proof of his lack of strategic vision.

He was also an insorbordinate SOB, he only got alway with it because he kissed hitler's backside.
You have a point there. He had no problem with fighting for the Nazis as long as it went well.
He was kind of successful in military terms during the French Campaign, but with a downside, his command had very high losses.
His image as the great Desert Fox was very much fueled by Nazi propaganda, the allies also fell for it.

@ AoA
You're full of monkey feathers. :lol:
The only half-true thing you said was the first one.

Since we are in the site feedback, I will say no more here.
Perhaps we can continue this in the History Forum. :groucho:

EDIT: In fact, theres a greatest general thread active right now.
Thread Link

I have posted a reply. :)

Sorry to blow holes in your fav Joe, but Erwin has gotten good press for years, the West Germans built him up as a symbol in the 1950s, and it's snowballed(they even named a ship after him!)

More proof of how over-rated he was, he failed to properly fortify many aeras of the Atlantic wall, and wanted t postion his panzers of the beachhead, where they would make nice sitting ducks for naval artillery (like at Anzio, and Salerno, for example).

The true test that his star had fallen is when he did not replace Kesselring as CinC Italy, nor was he imployed in Russia (Manstein, for example, remembered how he ignored Kliest's orders in 1940, leading to a near defeat at Arras, and refused his application for a field command in Russia).

He wasn't even fully comitted to the anti-Hitler plot, he only agreed to assume the role of OB West if Hitler was dead, but did nothing to support the plot.

Going back to Africa, if Churchill hadn't interfeared, Aukinlick would have bested Rommel, the Auk knew how to fight him.

@ "Arm Chair General" AoA

If I highjacked this thread, much like you just did, I'm sure some moderator would say something...

Oh, wait... :D

First off - He's not my fav. I just liked the picture. :lol:

If you would like to continue this fun debate, I suggest we do it in the proper forum.

Click on the link above, and you will find I've already replied to your first post.

EDIT: Dammit! Now you've done it! I've burnt my dinner!!!
Blast you AoA!!! :hammer:

I love it when a plan comes together. :p

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
I love it when a plan comes together. :p

:lol:

OK, there! Happy? :p

I changed it to something "civ-ish".

Now I'm going to go make a gin and teu-tonic and relax. :crazyeye:

Better have it before reading my answer in your general thread. ;)

I'm shocked you got the malta thing so wrong, the russian front had nothing to do with that.

65x65?! I could make a Civ 2 unit out of those dimensions! Oh well... I guess I better see what kind of custom icon I can get. How about an even 80x80? I would be more than grateful for a size larger than a Civ 2 city.

Your panzer is 65x65, and it looks fine.

The trick is finding something without alot of wasted background.
Cropping helps. ;)

Originally posted by joespaniel
@ becka

I just bought Paint Shop Pro 7 today to work on civ3 graphics.
I used it to size my avatar down from 175x200 to 50x60.

Its so cool! I'm dying to use it! :D

I am searching for rose pictures now.

Thanks joespaniel. :yeah:

Whenever I comeback I keep expecting ThunderFall to take away the Custom Avatars and for it to be gone.
this is the Third time in the history of the Forum that I have had Kefka as my Avatar.
Twice Kefka was Ripped from me :cry: please don't do it again ThunderFall we just moved in to a new house and I don't want any holes in my new bedroom wall due to Avatar loss Punching. :lol: The old room had Three holes in the wall. Two for each time I lost an Avatar and one when A baseball went through my open window and hit the wall. :goodjob: It was a good hit! :egypt:

Originally posted by Ohwell
I think Mikoyan would like that one better! :D Simon would want something like Harry Potter :p

Oh gosh. My secret is out. I'm doomed I tell you. Dooooomed. Aargh. :rolleyes:

:D
Harry Potter...now there's an idea.... :mwaha: :mwaha: :mwaha:

Custom avatars are a good idea, overall, but requiring a certain post count to use them seems to me to encourage spamming.

What about 300 posts & 300 days?

Top Bottom