1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Custom Map Crashes at Launch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by johnc214b, May 17, 2017.

1. johnc214b

johnc214b Chieftain

I'm trying to play a nice map I've created and spent some time on getting resources and natural wonders and starting locations right, but the map crashes when I try to start a game with it. I am guessing I have a resource on an illegal tile or some other atrocity like that, but after a few hours of trying to look at every square on the map, I can't find anything obviously wrong.
    Are there any scripts or programs that can analyze a map and help identify where issues are? Surely there's something out there. I cannot be the only one with this problem.
    The map is attached for your reference, but I'd really like some automated way of checking these things so I can get them to work right!
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Dean.

Dean. Chieftain

You can create a duplicate of the map by using "stretch" command (name may be wrong). It creates a new map which you can save in a separate file. It will need resources and start locations replaced, maybe rules too, but you should end up with a map you can carefully adjust so everything is correct