• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

custom soundtrack?

ryansebiz

Chieftain
i just want to add a few songs into the current mix in civ 4.

i added three into the modern folder under My Games > Civ 4 > Custom Assets > Sounds > Soundtrack.

i just got done playing the modern era and never heard the songs. did i do this right?

ryansebiz said:
i just want to add a few songs into the current mix in civ 4.

i added three into the modern folder under My Games > Civ 4 > Custom Assets > Sounds > Soundtrack.

i just got done playing the modern era and never heard the songs. did i do this right?
I've never successfully added songs to the soundtrack, but you can link to your own specially created music folder and hear any kind of music. If you copy Civ 4 music to another folder and add stuff you will hear it all, but not in the same order as the game soundtrack.

Try putting the songs in \my games\civ4\customassets\sounds\soundtrack\<era> or c:\program files\firaxis\civ4\assets\sounds\soundtrack\<era>.

If it still doesn't work, you should be able to trick the game by replacing one of the existing mp3s (in the official dir, not the customassets dir) with one of your own. For example, back up "AnfortasWound.mp3" and then rename your own mp3 with that same name.

YOu mean you can put custom soundtrack in Civ 4
Finally I can listen to good music :rockon: :band: :rockon: : :rockon: :rockon: : :rockon: : :rockon: :rockon: :: :woohoo: : My chemical Romance rox

Hummm, added some tracks but they didn't play. I suppose I'll have to try re-naming them next.

The renaming will definitely work, since the game is programmed (via xml) to look for certain mp3 files to play. If you feel like editing a bit to add your songs (instead of replacing existing ones), look for the files "Audio2DScripts.xml" and "AudioDefines.xml" in the XML/audio directory. You should be able to follow the existing examples to add any songs you'd like.

I just check the custom music box and grab one of my full music folders from some other directory. Works 50/50, for what reasons I cannot tell. But I know I couldn't stand to listen to the origional soundtrack. Really need Pantera for the 'liberating' enemy cities.

Here's a thread you might find useful :)

Custom music in different eras

There's three files you need to change:

CustomAssets\xml\audio
- Audio2DScripts.xml
- AudioDefines.xml

CustomAssets\xml\gameinfo
- CIV4EraInfos.xml

RandomInsanity said:
i just mute the game and launch itunes

Same, except that I'm playing CDs (somehow I tend to favor medieval/reneissance style music anyway while playing Civ...)

Top Bottom