Customizing CFC

Please note that I'm a computer novice. I not sure if it is of any importance but I use Windows 7 at home and Vista at work. I use IE8 at both places.

I was searching greasemonkey on google and then the server got busy. I just now saw your post that IE does not support greasemonkey. Oh well. Thanks Till for the information.

Post endorsement feature:

Allows you to endorse posts.

Installation link
(Probably Firefox only)

You can make up to 5 endorsements/day worth 1 point. Subsequent endorsements are worth less as explained here (full credit to Mise for coming up with the mechanism):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9575950&postcount=56 said:
If we ignore technical considerations, it would be cool if each previous vote was "diluted" by each subsequent vote. That was a complicated way of saying: each vote you make is divided by the number of votes you've made today, so if you make 10 votes, each vote is worth 0.1 points. Maybe multiply the whole thing by 5 or something, and cap each vote by 1, so that the first 5 votes are worth 1 point, and each subsequent vote that day diminishes all votes to 5/n.

Endorsements are stored in an off site database, so the endorsement system should be fully functional. It's mostly meant to serve as a techdemo and sandbox for various endorsement mechanics, however.

I did only limited testing, so it's quite possible that there are bugs left. Already found a cosmetic one - sometimes endorsements don't get displayed until you reload the page (they do get transmitted and saved properly).

Holy crap! You're a genius Till!!!

*likes*

One more cosmetic thing: when I hover over the Like link, it disappears! I can still click it, I just can't see it when I mouse over.

I found a serious bug in the database and had to delete all entries (i somehow managed to forget to set a primary key for one of the tables :hammer2:). Sorry about that. Hopefully this will solve the problem where the endorsemend counter for posts is not properly updated.

I fixed another bug that prevented endorsements from multiple users from working. Blasted SQL!
The "Like" link should now stay visible if you hover over it (you have to redownload the script for that to work).

Hi Till, thanks for all the awesome. I have two requests:

1. An ability to look at what people like with your "like" feature

2. A double height variant for the wide quick reply box. I have a dense resolution monitor so I run text size at 130%, my quick reply box only allows me to see 5 lines.

Yeah, that's what I use too. Very useful, though on PMs the width is the problem (though helpfully with a greasemonkey solution :D).

Top Bottom