Cut The Enemy's Legs

Urm, part of the timing for this strat is to stop the AIs from getting planes...ever :evil:

Where did you say that? If you've got artillery, there is a chance that some uber-civ somewhere might have bombers.

Aceman: Where are those fighters coming from, might I ask? You're in the middle of the enemy's territory. Fighters have an intercept radius of three. :p

It would, but by that time I'd already have a core and the rest of my empire would have been set up as science/tax farms. Switching to commie means a complete overhaul of city placement, terrain improvement.. Too much work for my taste.

The science would've slowed down on the other continent as a result of my war-brokering in the Middle Ages, and I'll more often than not be first to Galleons, then Arties and Infantries.. :lol:

psweetman1590 said:
Where did you say that?

I don't think I've responded to this clearly, so I'll try.

The timing for this strat for me is Early Industrial Ages. Meaning, when I've got Replacable Parts, I mass upgrade and then the crew sails away next turn.

I love being ahead in tech, and as a result I often find ways to slow other civs down. This has led to my using the Rogue State Strategy, where I pick one powerful civ to become the public enemy on the other continent. War on the other landmass is almost always a priority, so that the fighting slows everyone down. This works fine, but I wanted more. I want the tech pace to be almost halted. So I decided to take pillaging a step higher with this strategy.

In a previous post I mentioned that I target the strongest civ. This is because they're most likely the ones making breakthroughs and most research. Some turns before I expect to have researched Rep Parts, I stop renewing alliances and let them continue to fight. Even if they sign peace now, it doesn't really matter since I'll be fighting them myself soon.

On planes, it's true that AIs with planes could pose problems. However, I don't plan on them having any. I plan to hit them quickly and decisively cripple them so that their science crawls at the barest minimum I can put it to. With luck, most would still be in the Middle Ages.

A complement to this strategy is quick conquest of home continent+rapid buildup and consolidation+warbrokering on the other landmass.

Top Bottom