CZ1: Byzantine Supremacy...

AntiTwelve

King
My first try at a SG game, this game will involve the Middle Ages scenario. The variety of game that will be played will depend on those who wish to join. The options that we have are:

1) Conquer all Non-Christian lands.

2) New idea: End the game with ALL the Mediterranean under our control.

3) Win Conquest game (basically, kill...err...everyone :crazyeye: ).

When all the spots have been filled (to the content of those already in the game) we will decide on which course of action to take against the heretics and non-believers. This game will be played on regent-monarch level (also a group decision) and I think 5 people are just the right amount of players for the game.

Here's how it stands now...
Type of Game: statistic wise...
1) Conquer known world :ar15: :rocket:

Difficulty Level: Monarch

Players (in order of play):
1. mitsho
2. andvruss
3. cizzlewalk
4. kuningas
5. OPEN

Since this game is my first, I am looking for those of you who are new to Civ3 (in general) or who have not played a SG game. Of course anyone is allowed and I will not mind if a more 'enlightened' player wishes to grace this game with his/her omnipotence!

Oops...mistake !

since i can't delete..enjoy this nice little Spiel!

[plasma] :satan: :rocket:

america on your left....russia on your right..its like your in Switzerland!!!!

Sounds like a great idea, cizzlewalk, but I dont think I'll join because I'm already in several SG's right now :D! Anyway, it sounds like a challenge... I love challenges. But anyway, I'm not that enlightened, just omnipotent. lol ;)

Thanks CaptainCivFreak for the optimism and incouragement, but cmon guys I know there are those of you out there who are going to have free time soon (WINTER BREAK) and can try this game out! I doubt the game will get going before sometime next week anyways so keep this in mind!

Also, everytime I read someone's reply for a SG and they say they can't join because they're already in a game, who else are they playing with?!?! :confused:

It seems EVERYONE is in some kind of SG and can't play :aargh: !!

Hopefully some of you can try to make plans and still give this game a try, I'm not going to be demanding on when you play either :rolleyes:

thank god someone joins! Sure andvruss... I'm glad to see a member (deity!!!!!) of the KGB can join....I'm actually a Marxist :D

I'm really sorry, hopefully one or two of the SG's I'm in will be wrapped up soon... perhaps VB1, right andvruss ;)? Anyway, I'll lurk this SG closely and give out suggestions :D

Good luck! Oh... and if you don't have any players soon, I might join, since you don't seem to care when we post our turns... I've got a lot of important RL issues going on lately, some kinda sad ones too (no deaths... thank goodness. lol) :(

Aight CaptainCivFreak, I'll be watchin for you soon :D

Ok, for all of you wanting to know what this scenario is like (just in case :lol: ...here is a pic of our starting position

im also seeing if i can upload pics ;)

is it just me or is nicaea a waste of space :aargh: ?

Sorry, just lurking, but I have been playing this scenario on my own recently as the Byzantines. Nicea is the "canal" city, as the strip of land to the west is the "land bridge" for the crusaders to cross the Bosphorus. Nicea is needed for your ships to get into the Black Sea. Otherwise, its not good for much but maybe a few Curraghs. (BTW, one lesson learned, that is not very clear from the Civilopedia, even though Curraghs upgrade to Galleys for the other civs, they do NOT upgrade to Dromons, even if you have the resources!) Good luck, the Byzantines are fun to play, and they do a good job of recreating the "fallen empire" phenomenon, you start with units that you don't have the resources to replace, and Constantinople has buildings that you don't have the techs to build anywhere else!

:lol: Justus thanks for that...I should have made it clear that I knew WHY nicaea is there...i realized that when I sent my dromons through when I played the game on regent level a month ago. I got rid of it because I made a BETTER port city close by and had a harbor there that could build ships for black sea (NOWHERE NEAR AS IMPORTANT AS MEDITERRANEAN!!!!!) I think for our game we should rid ourselves of that problem so that we can optimize for a better capital (although not historically correct, but hey... who's gonna stop us :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: )

To make it clear to Andvruss (and those who might wish to partake in our event), here is a scematic of the first plans of action I shall take or whoever begins might WANT to take ;)

erm, do you know, the only Victory point in this scenario is Jerusalem :) so, we've to redo that thing :)
1) conquer the non-christian states (the north)
2) get the east roman empire back (attack the abbasids, etc)
3) get the west roman empire back

Did you mean something like this?

Btw. I'm in!

And I don't think that we should move Nicae or the capital. As we need to attack the bulgarians soon (we need their ressource and they are to close to our starting position anyway), we get some citites their also. I vote for sending a settler immediate to north greece (for the source of iron that's there). That's our only source so that's another reason for war against the bulgarians.

mfG mitsho

This would be my 3rd SG. (1 finished and 1 in break).
difficult: Monarch +/- 1

Originally posted by mitsho
erm, do you know, the only Victory point in this scenario is Jerusalem :) so, we've to redo that thing :)
1) conquer the non-christian states (the north)
2) get the east roman empire back (attack the abbasids, etc)
3) get the west roman empire back

Did you mean something like this?

Btw. I'm in!

And I don't think that we should move Nicae or the capital. As we need to attack the bulgarians soon (we need their ressource and they are to close to our starting position anyway), we get some citites their also. I vote for sending a settler immediate to north greece (for the source of iron that's there). That's our only source so that's another reason for war against the bulgarians.

mfG mitsho

:lol: good to see you mitsho, and yes, I realize the only 'REAL' victory point is in Jerusalem. But notice this, there are other victory LOCATIONS on the map (like in Burgundy) that can be taken, that's what I was talking about. When I said move Nicaea I meant get rid of it :goodjob: ...we'll acquire more squares of production that way and will produce units and wonders faster. I agree with andvruss about the expansion...but we NEED to get at least half of the Black Sea under our control so Russians, Bulgarians, Polish, and especially Turks won't cause us any problems in the future. :beer:

Sup kuningas...thanks for joining...sorry i gots to be quick cuz I'm on a school comp :nuke:

Real quick, anyone here wish to start game first? After my first game I don't feel confident of my abilities yet to start off this game :wallbash:

Top Bottom