• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dam Bridges!

Kanadees

Chieftain
What I find astounding, that these Civ engineers can construct a spaceship, but they can not build a bridge or a dam! Sometimes with an island real close by, I have to park a transport ship for my people to traverse to and from the island. Surely one should be able to build a civil bridge or a military pontoon to solve this problem. Dams can improve on rivers, irrigation, build Turbines. Annoy your friends and enrage your enemies by building a dam that cuts off their supply. A much needed military unit would be the Sappers or Civil Troopers! A kind of a Militarised worker, not capable of attacking, but defending. These are the guys who while defending themselves, can also build pontoons, railroads, etc. Why not allow them to build roads, railroads, etc. in a vassal states area.
Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

Originally posted by Kanadees
A much needed military unit would be the Sappers or Civil Troopers! A kind of a Militarised worker, not capable of attacking, but defending. These are the guys who while defending themselves, can also build pontoons, railroads, etc. Why not allow them to build roads, railroads, etc. in a vassal states area.

That sounds like engineer troops to me.

I've suggested before that a Military Engineer unit is needed for reducing combat bonus for enemy fortifications - and for allowing both road and rail movement in enemy territory or territory not your own.

Never should roads be unusable as such even in enemy territory.

Originally posted by Zouave
I've suggested before that a Military Engineer unit is needed for reducing combat bonus for enemy fortifications - and for allowing both road and rail movement in enemy territory or territory not your own.

Huh????

Originally posted by Zouave

Great, I can't wait to howie-blitz again :rolleyes:

Top Bottom