Dancing Hoskuld's tasks

Merging Platyping's stuff - Natural Wonders

I have released the basic version of this now. A couple of things left to do
  • make messages not blue
  • check what you get when you discover a wonder. Doco says money but code says happiness.
  • extra spawn rates for some wonders - sharks in Shark Bay and the more difficult general spawn increase for Ngorongoro Crater since we don't know which ecosystem it will be in on random maps.
  • extra chance of volcano eruption and earthquakes near the volcano nat wonders.

Most Natural Wonders do not give yields but do allow buildings. Sea based wonders also have a new improvement "Marine Preserve". I thought I could use the land version of the preserve on the land based wonders but if I do that also allows mines and the like which destroy the feature.

There is one new building Wonder of Nature that can be built in a city with one or more natural wonders in their vicinity. It covers the basic cultural, scientific and commercial benefits of having a natural wonder near by.

Any ideas on other buildings? eg a cultural building for Aborigine Culure with Uluru

check what you get when you discover a wonder. Doco says money but code says happiness.

Depends on which version of code you are using and what you have changed.
For the latest one, it is actually both.
Happiness when discovered + Gold for being the first to discover.

Any ideas on other buildings? eg a cultural building for Aborigine Culure with Uluru
Perhaps natural wonders can be utilized as alternative qualifications for cultures as well? (if in city vicinity perhaps...)

Either that or yes, make them a power combination by giving them special buildings if you have the culture that matches to the wonder in your city vicinity...

Updated my first post.

Merging in Platyping's Enhanced Great People - Generals

As Platyping says these actions are powerful and should not be available to all Great People all the time. There are 5 for Great Generals with my suggestions on when they should be available
  • Art of War - requires civic Military Training
    - I think changing the name of this one to "Train" or "Train Troops" would be better in C2C
  • Rally - requires player to be at war
  • Great Warpath - requires ??
  • Sun Never Sets - requires ??
  • Charge - requires player to be at war should not stack with itself

Ideas?

Merging Platyping's stuff - Natural Wonders

. . .

Would it be possible to have a unique 'Wonder of Nature' building for each Natural Wonder? That way, we can have NW-specific effects for each National Wonder. For example, I was thinking that Mt. Sinai should give +2 Great Prophet points to a city, which could be done through a Mt. Sinai-specific building. It would allow for greater flexibility in making each of the National Wonders distinct.

Would it be possible to have a unique 'Wonder of Nature' building for each Natural Wonder? That way, we can have NW-specific effects for each National Wonder. For example, I was thinking that Mt. Sinai should give +2 Great Prophet points to a city, which could be done through a Mt. Sinai-specific building. It would allow for greater flexibility in making each of the National Wonders distinct.

Very possible. I just need a set of ideas to work from. Also existing buildings eg Institute for Marine Biology can be adjusted to get better results from them. Shark Bay is a good one as it would both increase the Shark Institute and the lab for paleobiology.

Very possible. I just need a set of ideas to work from. Also existing buildings eg Institute for Marine Biology can be adjusted to get better results from them. Shark Bay is a good one as it would both increase the Shark Institute and the lab for paleobiology.

Here are a few thoughts I've had for specific National Wonder buildings (in addition to the usual bonuses from the building):

Mount Fuji - +1 :) from Shinto, +2 Great Artist Points

Mt. Sinai - +1 :) from Judaism, Christianity, & Islam, +2 Great Prophet Points

Pamukkale - +1 :) from Hellenism, +1 :health:, +1 Great Doctor Point

Uluru - +1 :) from Shamanism, +1 Great Prophet Point

Here are a few thoughts I've had for specific National Wonder buildings (in addition to the usual bonuses from the building):

Maybe add some +10% empire stability to it, as well, for those loving to play with rev.
The Mount Fuji gifts some sense of national identity.

Same with Uluru.

and :culture: with Culture(Wonder) would be good.

Are you suggesting that Mt. Fuji should only give +2 Artist Points if Shinto is the state religion? I have options ranging from "[*]everyone gets the +2GP Artist and the city gets +1 happy when Shinto is present" to "the building requires state religion Shinto..."

Or to put it another way for Mt Fuji
- is the happiness for the city only or the empire?
- is it for state religion or just religion present?
- are the +2:gp: Great Artist on the building for everyone, just if state religion Shinto or just religion Shinto present?​

Are you suggesting that Mt. Fuji should only give +2 Artist Points if Shinto is the state religion? I have options ranging from "[*]everyone gets the +2GP Artist and the city gets +1 happy when Shinto is present" to "the building requires state religion Shinto..."

- are the +2:gp: Great Artist on the building for everyone, just if state religion Shinto or just religion Shinto present?​

I'd say 1 :) to the city it is next to (because it's nice to look at) and +10% stability in all cities as long as it's inside cultural borders.

This means on a non GEM game, the civ that has it near mustn't be Japan but would enjoy the same experience of a nice-to-look-at "holy" mountain that's gifting identity -- which seems plausible they would.

Shinto would give extra 1 :) to the city near Mount Fuji, I suppose?

(they would incorporate the holy mountain with its spririt into their religion maybe have a little oracle monk installed there etc)

One could argue that the closest monastery to Mount Fuji could receive 2 free culture as well.

Uluru would have same effects like Mount Fuji just different religion (Shamanism) for secound boni trigger.

Sorry, what I was suggesting was that the :gp: bonus is for everyone, while the religion +1 :) is if the religion is present in the city.

I've gone through and expanded my suggestions to include some stability bonuses and other Natural Wonders. For each Natural Wonder listed, the benefits below are in addition to those given by the default 'Wonder of Nature' building (which gives :culture:, :commerce:, etc.). The +1 :) bonus is given if the listed religion is present in the city, while the other bonuses apply in all cases.

Barringer Crater -> +2 :science:, additional +2 :science: with the Satellites tech (used for training Apollo astronauts)

Great Barrier Reef -> +1 :) from Shamanism

Klyuchevskaya Sopka -> +1 Great Prophet :gp:

Krakatoa -> +1 :science: with the Biology tech

Mount Everest -> +2 :commerce: with the Mountaineering tech, +1 :) with Buddism (due to Rongbuk monastery)

Mount Fuji - +1 :) from Shinto, +2 Great Artist :gp:, +5% Local Stability Bonus

Mt. Sinai - +1 :) from Judaism, Christianity, & Islam, +2 Great Prophet :gp:

Pamukkale - +1 :) from Hellenism, +1 :health:, +1 Great Doctor :gp:

Shark Bay -> +1 :science: with the Biology tech (study of Stromatolites)

Uluru - +1 :) from Shamanism, +1 Great Prophet :gp:, +5% Local Stability Bonus

I've also gone through the remaining Natural Wonders that do not have tile yields, and would suggest the following:

Barringer Crater -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Basalt Organ -> +3 :food:, +1 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Devil's Table -> +2 :food:, +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Klyuchevskaya Sopka -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Krakatoa -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Lake Baikal -> +5 :food:, +1 :hammers:, +2 :commerce:

Mount Everest -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Mt. Sinai -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Pamukkale - +2 :food:, +1 :hammers:, +2 :commerce:

Pravcicka Brana - +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Sugarloaf Mountain -> +2 :hammers:, +1 :commerce:

Victoria Falls -> +5 :food:, +2 :commerce:

@Johnny: I am happy you took my suggestion into account but what I don't understand is why you changed it from +10% empire-wide to +5% local without any reasoning. I clearly explained why I suggested the Fuji and Uluru should have empire-wide stability (identity-gifting factor!)

Both, whole Japan and whole Australian Aboriginals see/saw in Fuji/Uluru something that is more than local!

The great Prophet Points should only come with a monastery near the sites, imo.

Although the boni for these sites would be greatest for shinto/shamanism we should keep it open for other religions to get boni as well, I think, that's why I suggested the monastery (btw what is the equivalent of monastery for shamanism?)

Also, perhaps think about tweaking your suggestion on Mount Everest: maybe add some :culture: with mountaineering and then some :gold: with tourism.

Great Barrier Reef could get + :science: from biology labs (nationwide) and + :gold: from tourism

I think it should be Marine Biology tech, not Biology.

Also all the Volcano ones (ex Fuji, Krakatoa, etc) should get some science at Volcanology tech

Good points on Marine Biology, and on Volcanology. Say +2 :science: on Volcanology for the volcano ones?

I don't seem to be able to give happiness for multiple religions on a building.

What if you adjusted the temple building to give +1 :) if the NW-specific building is present in the city?

@Johnny: I am happy you took my suggestion into account but what I don't understand is why you changed it from +10% empire-wide to +5% local without any reasoning. I clearly explained why I suggested the Fuji and Uluru should have empire-wide stability (identity-gifting factor!)

Both, whole Japan and whole Australian Aboriginals see/saw in Fuji/Uluru something that is more than local!

The great Prophet Points should only come with a monastery near the sites, imo.

Although the boni for these sites would be greatest for shinto/shamanism we should keep it open for other religions to get boni as well, I think, that's why I suggested the monastery (btw what is the equivalent of monastery for shamanism?)

Also, perhaps think about tweaking your suggestion on Mount Everest: maybe add some :culture: with mountaineering and then some :gold: with tourism.

Great Barrier Reef could get + :science: from biology labs (nationwide) and + :gold: from tourism

Fair enough on empire-wide, but I think +10% is a bit too strong. Say +5% stability empire-wide?

I don't think the Great Prophet :gp: should be associated with monasteries, though - each of the wonders that give Great Prophet :gp: played an important role in local religious practice/belief, without it being dependent on any particular building being present.

Regarding :gold: for Tourism, the 'default' benefits of the Wonder of Nature building (which should be added in addition to my proposals) already gives +5 :commerce: with Tourism, though we could add in a :culture: bonus for Everest as well on Tourism.

Fair enough on empire-wide, but I think +10% is a bit too strong. Say +5% stability empire-wide?

I think it is a bit more important than +5% what about +7%? ;) :D

After all, the goal is to represent nations with identity-gifting natural wonders to be a little bit more than a bit more stable^^

I don't think the Great Prophet :gp: should be associated with monasteries, though - each of the wonders that give Great Prophet :gp: played an important role in local religious practice/belief, without it being dependent on any particular building being present.

Well ok with that, maybe add the happiness with monasteries then?

Regarding :gold: for Tourism, the 'default' benefits of the Wonder of Nature building (which should be added in addition to my proposals) already gives +5 :commerce: with Tourism, though we could add in a :culture: bonus for Everest as well on Tourism.

I see. The reason I suggested to give :culture: with mountaineering was that the legend about a big mountain having been climbed generates :culture: from my point of view. The tourism to this site will make money then, later.

Top Bottom