Dancing Hoskuld's tasks

For Forgotful Modder I merged all the Python code into the C2C Python, even changed the key to load it from F1 to F10 but couldn't get it to load. I noticed we don't have a CvEventManager.py so I copied the one from Beyond the Sword, so maybe that's why it wouldn't load when I was in the game.

## Forgetful ##

We DONT use CvEventManager.py in C2C, thats why we cant use any of platyping's stuff outright.
We use BugEventManager.py, and in MOST case's we do a separate one for each different one, and also, it needs to be added to the Config Folder and placed in there also, i think that is correct, DH can verify what i just wrote??

We DONT use CvEventManager.py in C2C, thats why we cant use any of platyping's stuff outright.
We use BugEventManager.py, and in MOST case's we do a separate one for each different one, and also, it needs to be added to the Config Folder and placed in there also, i think that is correct, DH can verify what i just wrote??

Oh wow!
So im getting all the code goes in one .py so in this case ForgetfulModder.py and then you have to create an XML File in \Assets\Config.

This is a bit advanced for me. Im curious is this system in use because its modular?
My apologies, I didn't see this in modders documentation.

Oh wow!
So im getting all the code goes in one .py so in this case ForgetfulModder.py and then you have to create an XML File in \Assets\Config.

This is a bit advanced for me. Im curious is this system in use because its modular?

Nothing to do with modular, its a BUG thing, it was originally done by Zappara(ROM), almost 3 or so years ago.

Oh wow!

It is BUG's version of modular python. Their documentation is good on how to do python modular and just look at one of our python modules for an example to help.

Thanks I'll read their documentation, but for Python stuff I'll post the finished code first on the forum than SVN, at least for until I become more confident.

Question for ya??

How come for mapscripts, that in the start of a game there are the Normal amount of units placed there,a nd some mapscripts there are ALOT of units placed there and also and extra tribe for instance??

Question for ya??

How come for mapscripts, that in the start of a game there are the Normal amount of units placed there,a nd some mapscripts there are ALOT of units placed there and also and extra tribe for instance??

No idea, I don't know anything about map scripts.

Question for ya??

Mapscripts don't place any units.

Mapscripts don't place any units.

Then how come in this one mapscript i am working on it places ALOT of units (AI only) not my units, ingame from the get go?? Meaning: I get 1 band, AI 2, i get 1 Stone Thrower AI 3, also 2 clubman etc, where does these units come from them??:crazyeye: I didnt change anything from NORMAL default in the whole Assets folder??

Hey, DH... one little issue seems to be coming up with the Tamed Animals.

Apparently, as soon as they are allowed to upgrade, the city can't build them anymore. I don't know if there's a way to keep them buildable despite being upgradeable but losing access to them for this reason really sucks. So if we CAN'T keep them from going technically obsolete, would it be ok to remove the upgradeability on them?

Hey, DH... one little issue seems to be coming up with the Tamed Animals.

Apparently, as soon as they are allowed to upgrade, the city can't build them anymore. I don't know if there's a way to keep them buildable despite being upgradeable but losing access to them for this reason really sucks. So if we CAN'T keep them from going technically obsolete, would it be ok to remove the upgradeability on them?

It is normal that you can't build units that have upgraded. I thought I had removed all upgrades on the tamed units. Of course if they can't upgrade then they probably aren't combat units or at least they should not be by default. perhaps they should default to subdued animals since their primary purpose is to spread buildings.

They do fit a funny in between don't they. They were kinda cool as combat units too but I'm starting to think we should look at these as our 'animal layers':
Subdued
Tamed
Trained
At Trained they could be sent to fight. But we shouldn't be able to upgrade between Tamed and Trained because we'd end up with the same problem.

I can assign the subdued combat class to the tamed animals on the CC planning doc. It hasn't been put into play yet but does seem to fit. Eventually, the inability to attack would be placed onto Subdued. If you can think of other ways we should arrange these let me know.

When we get the captive upgrade missions to work I can add missions to the Tamed animals to upgrade them to Trained or the first combat unit after the tamed if we like. It is sort of a special upgrade that requires special conditions (or not) to do the upgrade.

Subdued - main purpose build buildings, can defend can not explore or attack.
Tamed - main purpose build buildings, can defend, attack and explore.

When we get the captive upgrade missions to work I can add missions to the Tamed animals to upgrade them to Trained or the first combat unit after the tamed if we like. It is sort of a special upgrade that requires special conditions (or not) to do the upgrade.

Subdued - main purpose build buildings, can defend can not explore or attack.
Tamed - main purpose build buildings, can defend, attack and explore.

Ok, that sounds good. Perfect actually.

I'll keep the Tamed animals as Combatants in the CC planning doc then.

I have some ideas for new buildings for subdued animals.
Feast
Festival

Feast temporary lowers hammers but raises happiness.
Feast upgrades to Festival.
Festival increases experience earned by hunters by 1.

Sent from Tapatalk

Carnival, as implemented, is sort of a cross between a festival and a circus. I have also thought of Feast but wondered at the difference to butchering and eating.

Carnival, as implemented, is sort of a cross between a festival and a circus. I have also thought of Feast but wondered at the difference to butchering and eating.

To me, the difference is that eating as a feast is seen as cultural because it celebrates an important event.

I am loving your animal tamer buildings, I can now have a city specialize in building those units. Thank you for fixing the pre req problems. I just have one more problem. There is a pre req of a Military Standard needed for some of the Animal Tamer buildings. Military Standards are obsoleted with the tech Machinery, so this seems a very early obsoletion for a building that doesn't get obsoleted until the tech Aviation.

I am also hoping there is going to be more buildings to cover the other groups of animals.

Thanks. I am finding some of the tamed animals need some more restrictions eg the Aardvark. There is a tapir one but that will only be available randomly from the Biodome national wonder.

For the new Tech Celebration, I am thinking of adding –buildings called Celebration that are upgrades of Myths.

The celebration building will cost gold but increase food, culture and reduce war weariness.
The MrAzure to do list thread has information.

Those Celebration buildings will upgrade to Terranium in Medival and Conservation at Wildlife Conservation.

Myth
Celebration
Terranium
Conservation
The Terranium and Conservation will not reduce war weariness but will have other effects.

Thoughts on this concept? I will do the coding

Top Bottom