Dancing Hoskuld's tasks

Sounds interesting. Currently the Myths can only be built in the capital. I have been considering adding an earlier step "Story of" which you get when you fight an animal (win or loose and survive). This will require the reason for the Myths will need to change. They were originally intended as providing a Neolithic Burst of knowledge but then the boost verses buildings was added to some which made things difficult.

The current requests for a one to one link to tamed animals may mean that we need a one to one with either stories or myths.

Already snail is getting too fast to get a flavour of the era. :(

Sounds interesting. Currently the Myths can only be built in the capital. I have been considering adding an earlier step "Story of" which you get when you fight an animal (win or loose and survive). This will require the reason for the Myths will need to change. They were originally intended as providing a Neolithic Burst of knowledge but then the boost verses buildings was added to some which made things difficult.

The current requests for a one to one link to tamed animals may mean that we need a one to one with either stories or myths.

Already snail is getting too fast to get a flavour of the era. :(

I am thinking it should be called Tale of_. Also I think we need something to have the player spend gold on that had to do with Subdued Animals. I am thinking ;

Shrine (ritualism)
Shrine of the Bears

Upgrades to

Monument (megalithic construction)
Monument of the Bears

Upgrades to

Temple (polytheism)
Temple of the Bears

Upgrades to

Song of (music)
Song of the Bears

You spend gold to get culture and happiness.

Or we can have monument, songs, dance and paintings coexist.
Monument increases military production by a small percentage but costs gold
Songs give happiness but cost gold
Painting both happiness and culture give but cost more gold.
Only subdued Animals can build them.
Dance increases work build rate by a small percentage.

Already have Tales of ... as a unit.

There is also the link to unit and city morale via the Governor's Pets and the Military Standards.

Updated my to do list. Note that my main focus will be on understanding and experimenting with the CvMainInterface.py. This will help c2c but not in the short term.

My work on limiting exploration and evolving religions both require some work in that bit of python also.

Just did a validate and got these?

-----------------------------------
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Captives\Immigration_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:7,16: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:Immigration_CIV4UnitSchema.xml' - Could not find file 'C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Captives\Immigration_CIV4UnitSchema.xml'.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Captives\Immigration_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Food_Merchants\Food_Merchant_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:129,5: The 'x-schema:FoodMerchant_CIV4UnitSchema.xml:iBaseFoodChange' element is not declared.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Food_Merchants\Food_Merchant_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:321,5: The 'x-schema:FoodMerchant_CIV4UnitSchema.xml:iBaseFoodChange' element is not declared.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Food_Merchants\Food_Merchant_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:505,5: The 'x-schema:FoodMerchant_CIV4UnitSchema.xml:iBaseFoodChange' element is not declared.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Food_Merchants\Food_Merchant_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:700,5: The 'x-schema:FoodMerchant_CIV4UnitSchema.xml:iBaseFoodChange' element is not declared.
C:\Users\Strategy\Desktop\New folder\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\SuperForts\SuperForts_CIV4GameText.xml:200,16: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 200, position 16.

I'll remove Food merchants. They were designed for RoM-AND. The iBaseFoodChange element of the schema seems to have been dropped from C2C.

The last error must also be happening in the normal Events game text for Fort in Disrepair because it is a exact copy of that one.

I'll remove Food merchants. They were designed for RoM-AND. The iBaseFoodChange element of the schema seems to have been dropped from C2C.

The last error must also be happening in the normal Events game text for Fort in Disrepair because it is a exact copy of that one.

OK but be aware that Sparth made units for civs that have food supply units in them.

Food Merchants are part of the ArtstylesInfos now for alot of civ, so i believe you should not delete just delete them, otherwise alot of CTD will happen.

OK but be aware that Sparth made units for civs that have food supply units in them.

Food Merchants are part of the ArtstylesInfos now for alot of civ, so i believe you should not delete just delete them, otherwise alot of CTD will happen.

Without that variable they don't work! It requires dll work to get it working. I don't know how that variable got removed it was in early versions of C2C.

Gah! Every time I get the fix for colonist/pioneers almost working I break something and have to start again. I can't even just remove what I did, which is the worry. I had everything except the notice in the tech tree that extra buildings were free from then on working. Mind you I don't think we have the information about buildings becoming free in new cities appearing there either. (I did have it appearing in the tech pedia page.)

At least I set up everything nicely for you to port, rather than do everything from scratch :D
If it is so hard, just replace with a sign, refer to pedia for info...

Why did you think that iBaseFoodChange was removed from the units? it is still there.
Code:
pXML->GetOptionalChildXmlValByName(&m_iBaseFoodChange, L"iBaseFoodChange");

I am finding that python modules are not being loaded eg the terriforming ones I put in Modifieda4's module. I put all of them in there ages ago but since v33 they sometimes load and sometimes don't load.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I know we've had some discussion about the autobuildings here previously so I figured I'd share this bit of conversation with everyone here. The first part of the conversation got cut off... Hydro was asking how to get some autobuilds set up to be automatically built in every city whenever a given tech is reached.

Hydromancerx said:
Thunderbrd said:
Hydromancerx said:
Thunderbrd said:
I believe both presumptions are true. Isn't there also an AutoBuild expression boolean though? I would've sworn we had that...

But then... here's another thing: Why are you wanting this? I'm getting a little tired of whiners regarding the building volume. I personally think it's one of the best features of the mod. All I'd really like to see is some branching that denies the ability to pursue the alternative branch(es) once one is determined. I don't have a whole lot of will to support one city challenge players and even then I'm thinking it would ADD to the strategic importance of which ways you decide to specialize a city when you only have one.

But I'm only one voice of course and I've been trying not to be argumentative with others ;)

Well DH has brought it up before that having building auto-build at later techs might be good for the mod. For instance a Potter's Hut auto-building at Guilds tech. Note that the Potter's Workshop is unlocked at the same tech so it would still be an advantage to building it, but those cities that fall behind or are so new might benefit better from getting them.

But like I said in past topics there are a few other methods we could take too. Such as the better the settler unit the more starter buildings a city would get. Or have guilds/franchises gives a free building in every city to help out the newer cities.

Note I did try out having plain old auto-build from the start but that was way too powerful an made the game very boring having everything done for you.

In short I am glad you still support the old fashion building and large building choices. I was afraid I was the only one left who supported my original idea.
I do. Although I do also agree with the sentiment that a bit more liberal use of the function that autobuilds for new cities some assumable essential buildings past given specified techs is a good idea. It only gets a little laborious when you've just planted a new city and it's SOOOO far behind the curve.

One thing I don't think that has been mentioned about that though that probably should be considered is that it can do a lot to mute or even completely negate the concept of # of cities upkeep... cities are already becoming an absolute profit as soon as they are built which is making it tough to want to hold back from an infinite expansion strategy which is what you'd always want to do with all previous versions of civ and only in CivIV did we begin to see a cause not to with the introduction of # of city upkeep making it all too possible to completely choke off your economy by overgrowing. (I realize I'm stating things I'm sure you're aware of but I don't think we've yet fully considered the ramifications of cities always being profitable as soon as they are built and how easily that can be made to be the case with auto-build functions like these.)

Hmm that is something to be considered that founding new cities would be way too good. You should bring up that point in the appropriate topics. I had forgotten about this and can see whyauto buildings could be a bad thing for game balance.

Anyhow, it's something to consider...

I eventually figured out that what was being asked for was
Can we have a building available to be built at tech X but then become auto built in all cities at tech X+20?​

We can auto build in all cities at a tech now.

We can have a building become in all new cities after a tech now using the NewCityFree tag. Unfortunately I don't think we put this information in the pedia.

This is a call for a new tag that would probably replace the NewCityFree tag since the modders making buildings have ignored this tag completely and I have only used it in a mod which only has about 100 of the 800 possible buildings in it.

Top Bottom