Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Is starving foreign cores a viable way to reduce overextension? Or am I just a genocidal despot?I am playing Germany and I had to starve Paris from 14....... to 1 which is about 4,000,000 people . I have no choice but to starve most of my newly conquered cities to stabilize my over extension.

Is starving foreign cores a viable way to reduce overextension? Or am I just a genocidal despot?I am playing Germany and I had to starve Paris from 14....... to 1 which is about 4,000,000 people . I have no choice but to starve most of my newly conquered cities to stabilize my over extension.
That shouldn't be useful, Leoreth changed it a while back to use the highest pop value of the city in history instead of the current pop value

Haven't played Germany yet, but it might be better for you to adopt Despotism and use it to whip out jails/courthouses in your conquered cities. If you are trying to reduce the population of your foreign-core cities, might as well turn that population into :hammers:!

Does that apply to any foreign area, or just foreign core? I believe it still works to starve foreign area in v1.16.
Oh, I misread your comment. Yeah, that's viable. I thought you were talking about city razing penalties. Sadly starving your people is rather effective

Do you guys use regulated trade in the early gane? I always use merchant trade because it has low maintenance and will give a +1 trade route to every city.

Do you guys use regulated trade in the early gane? I always use merchant trade because it has low maintenance and will give a +1 trade route to every city.
i do as England, France, Japan, and most other civs with strong cottage space and a UHV where you generally don't expand beyond your core until midgame. The base commerce from the Palace makes the capital your primary source of commerce early game, and RT just improves it further.

I’m guessing this has probably been asked elsewhere, but are there ways to speed up the in-between turn wait times once you get to the late renaissance and forward? Other than being patient, I mean.

I’m guessing this has probably been asked elsewhere, but are there ways to speed up the in-between turn wait times once you get to the late renaissance and forward? Other than being patient, I mean.
Have you tried this?

Do you guys know what graphics tileset is this? This is from the civ 4 stories and tales discussion "MEXICO FOREVER!" (he was also playing RFC DOC). I think you can still change the terrain graphics because it does not really change anything in the game.

Did you mean to attach an image?

Found the thread. Not sure what this tileset is but I have seen many mods use it. You can easily put it into the mod. That is exactly what the Blue Marble module does.

Oh im so sorryyy. It was past 12 midnight and I was in a rush. Here it is anyways...

(Photo by Lokki242)

Attachments

• mexico.jpg
    mexico.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 198
Yes, I've seen it but I don't know what those assets are or where to get them. @Lokki242 is still around here, maybe you can get their help.

Yes, I've seen it but I don't know what those assets are or where to get them. @Lokki242 is still around here, maybe you can get their help.
Hmm, he seems to be last online 10 months ago so I doubt it. Anyways, I may have found the graphics pack. They're from Realism Invictus. May I ask if these highlighted files are okay to remove?

Attachments

• Assets 9_23_2020 8_10_42 PM.png
    Assets 9_23_2020 8_10_42 PM.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 140
I don't know. If the RI art package has replacement for all of its contents then yes. You should make sure by comparing the contents using PakBuild. By the way, if multiple FPKs have the same files, the game will always use the older FPK (on a per file basis). So there is no need to remove an FPK file at all. That is how the Blue Marble module works.

I don't know. If the RI art package has replacement for all of its contents then yes. You should make sure by comparing the contents using PakBuild. By the way, if multiple FPKs have the same files, the game will always use the older FPK (on a per file basis). So there is no need to remove an FPK file at all. That is how the Blue Marble module works.
Everything seems to be in working order, I removed the terrain 2.fpk file which makes the game a bit too bright and weird (the plain tile just looks too gree. hehe sorry). My only problem is that when I remove that file the marsh art kinda goes haywire (purple). I would assume that the marsh tile art is in the terrain 2.fpk file. Is there any way where I can have the marsh tile are separately?

Well that's what I was talking about in the post you quoted. The FPK contains files the game needs that the RI file does not supply. Have you tried not to remove Terrain2.fpk?

Last edited:
Well yes, I have. Nothing really happends besides the missing the swamp art. I tried unpacking the terrain 2.fpk file and make its own but it does not seem to work. I'm sorry if I've been asking this for a long time because this is actually the first time I have tried to change things inside the assets folder

Top Bottom