Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

No worries, but you need to clearly answer my questions so I can actually help you.

When you say nothing really happens are you talking about the situation with terrain2.fpk removed or kept? Or does it not make a difference?

Alternatively, the art files do not need to be in an FPK. So if you want to keep some files around but remove the FPK, you can also put them under the same path that they show up in if you unpack the FPK (relative to the Assets folder).

When you say nothing really happens are you talking about the situation with terrain2.fpk removed or kept?

Yes, I am talking about when I delete them terrain2.fpk file.

you can also put them under the same path that they show up in if you unpack the FPK (relative to the Assets folder).
How do I exactly do that?

What happens if you do not delete it?
So this is what happens if I delete "Terrain 2.fpk" (with Realism Invictus graphics)
Without Terrain2.fpk file.png

And this is what happens if I have the "Terrain2.fpk" file (With Realism Invictus graphics)
With Terrain2.fpk file.png

Does the latter not work for you then? Or is there specific RI art you would like to use for marshes?

By the way, I like how this looks. I think I personally still prefer the more vibrant Blue Marble textures but it would be cool to make it an alternative module to choose. Which RI fpk files did you need to include to achieve this? I'd at least like to have a full look at the map on my own with it.

Here are the files I have used to change the graphics:
1. Art.110.Terrain.fpk
2. RealisticTerrain.fpk (most important one)
3. Art.121.Structures.Improvements (makes the improvements art look a bit dimmer to make it look nice with Realistic Terrain)

If you will make changes with this may I ask for a fix with the swamp art? The graphics art looks perfect with the mod currently if not for the weird purplish swamo xD.
(All of the art I have shown are credits to the creators of course)

Also here is also one of my pic:

Former French Suburbs under German-held Paris after the Indoctrination of French Citizens to the German Reich
German Farmlands.png

Attachments

• German Farmlands.png
    German Farmlands.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 39
When playing as Turks (600AD start), I can't declare war with any civs until around 25 turns. I don't know if it's intended but the Turks rely on their UP to make units, so having forced peace is a serious disadvantage for them.

Ok Im getting a bit crazy. I was searching for the name of the Brazilian theme song here in the forums. But I can't seem to find it. Do you guys know what the name?

Hi Leoreth,
I wanted to thank you for the excellent game you and your team produced! It works much way faster between turns waiting and I have tested it with almost all civs and years.
Thank you!!!!
I wish the Firaxis company will contract you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can somebody help me?

I've been playing Civ since I was 8 years old. Love the game. I've played the RFC that comes with beyond the sword, but I've stumbled across this one which looks a whole lot more fun. I went to install version 1.16 and right after I install it, it brings up an error message saying (can't find the file specified). Is 1.16 the latest version? I am not very good with computers and have never installed a mod before. I use windows 10. Please let me know if anyone can help me.

Hey, welcome to the mod. We can figure out what is happening.

First of all, yes, 1.16 is the most recent version of the mod (you can also get access to the development version, but seeing that you are not experienced with computers we can skip that for now).

Can you tell me when the error message you mention occurs? When you are running the installer, or when you are starting the game/mod after that? A screenshot of the error message might help.

If everything goes right during the installation, you can find a folder named "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in your Mods directory. The Mods directory is located inside your Civ4 installation. Usually it is something like C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods. The exact path can be slightly different depending on how your Windows is set up and if you got the game from Steam or other sources. Sometimes the mod ends up being installed somewhere in your My Documents directory, in that case something went wrong.

I hope that helps so far, please report back with more info so I can help you solve the problem.

Hey, welcome to the mod. We can figure out what is happening.

First of all, yes, 1.16 is the most recent version of the mod (you can also get access to the development version, but seeing that you are not experienced with computers we can skip that for now).

Can you tell me when the error message you mention occurs? When you are running the installer, or when you are starting the game/mod after that? A screenshot of the error message might help.

If everything goes right during the installation, you can find a folder named "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in your Mods directory. The Mods directory is located inside your Civ4 installation. Usually it is something like C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods. The exact path can be slightly different depending on how your Windows is set up and if you got the game from Steam or other sources. Sometimes the mod ends up being installed somewhere in your My Documents directory, in that case something went wrong.

I hope that helps so far, please report back with more info so I can help you solve the problem.
Okay, Thanks a lot man especially for the quick response. I stupidly deleted it after installing so I'm just waiting for it to install again. I will let you know what happens thanks for taking the time to respond.

Okay, so I redownloaded the game from the link provided on this forum and the same message came up. I tried installing it with all modules, no modules, and core mod and all of them gave me the same message. The message comes up right when the installation is done. Here's where:
Annotation 2020-09-30 225347.png

And here's what happens when I click finish
Annotation 2020-09-30 225403.png

I looked in the file you specified and it didn't show up so I copied the Dawn of Civilization and moved it into C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods and then loaded up beyond the sword and it didn't show up in the list of mods.

Annotation 2020-09-30 231151.png
As you can see, I've moved it into here, but again, it doesn't show up in the list of mods or scenario.
Annotation 2020-09-30 232129.png

Here is the Interior of that file. Sorry for how long this reply is, just wanted to provide as much info as possible. Thank You

No, that's perfect, the more info I have the better I can help.

So, it seems like the installation worked correctly, but then the installer cannot launch the mod. This seems to be the same problem as it not showing up in the list of mods. Can you tell me where you found the mod folder until you moved it to the current location (that's where it is supposed to be, by the way).

I don't think your game is from Steam, but can you still try these two solutions:
I have recently reinstalled Civ4 BtS and the mod won't start.
Make sure that the game is updated to the latest version (3.19). The automatic patch process is not sufficient to get up to date, you have to download the patch from the download database here at CFC.

I am using the Steam version of Civ4 BtS, and when starting the mod I receive error messages along the lines of "unable to execute file".
There are some problems with the Steam version and its attempt to work around the shutdown of Gamespy. What you have to do is to switch to the original version of the game which is available on Steam as a "beta". See here for detailed instructions on how to do so.
It's especially possible that the first one applies to you.

Hey Leoreth, sorry for asking so many questions. Are you saying I should update Beyond the Sword? or update the Mod? if so how do I do this or check to see if it is up to date. And where in civ fanatics do I download this patch?

That's right. Also don't worry about asking too many questions. They help me understand what your situation is.

In my current Russian game, I've stolen 5 technologies, and spread my culture to a Polish city once. However, I still only have 12/17 :espionage: experience needed for my first great spy, and I also noticed that for my most recent "steal technology" mission, I only received 1xp. With how expensive the "steal technology" mission is, I feel I should've earned at least one great spy by now.

Top Bottom