Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

I don't know why they would be gone, they are kept in a different location than the mod itself.

Were there any changes to China for this update?

They seem to lack behind in tech and in scores whenever they respawn.

Is this due to the randomnes of the mod or due to some nerfed update?

Nothing intentional.

Alright. Another question though.

Does the shortcut actually work? Every time I finish the installation of the mod I get create a shortcut. But if ever I press it, it will lead to nowhere.

Alright. Another question though.

Does the shortcut actually work? Every time I finish the installation of the mod I get create a shortcut. But if ever I press it, it will lead to nowhere.
Right-click on it, select Properties, then tell me what you see in the first field you can edit. It should be

Code:
"[Your Civilization 4 Installation Path]\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\[Whatever name your DoC folder has in the mods directory]

The next field you can edit should just contain this:

Code:
"[Your Civilization 4 Installation Path]\Beyond the Sword"

For reference, this is what it looks like for me: (sorry for the German UI)

ShortcutPropertiesScreenshot.png

What does the shortcut say that it leads to?

If you are using a steam installation, you should use a different Target line.

This is what my Target looks like: (notice the -applaunch 8800 part)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 8800 "mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization"

Hello not DOC related but

MERRY CHRISTMAS to this wonderful community!!!!

It may not be Christmas yet in your area but still happy advanced Christmas! This mod has helped me cope with the troubling times of this year.
I wish for many years to come for RFC DOC and the community!!

I am very happy to hear that the mod has helped you through this tough year. Thank you for the nice words. I also wish everyone in this community happy holidays.

Which side of Rhine river is Strasbourg? I think all cities in the east side of Rhine river will flip.
this is French propaganda

(Strasbourg is west of the Rhine.)

But seriously, Strasbourg was in the Holy Roman empire and German speaking at the time so it should flip. Not that it's a scenario that would occur too often, unless Rome founds Argentoratus I guess. And I am more interested in getting Rome to found Cologne, Mainz or Trier because those were actually important Roman cities, and inarguably in the HRE flipzone (and also west of the Rhine. Most important cities on the Rhine are on its west bank because of their Roman roots).

The Strasbourg tile here is actually East of the Rhine, on the stone tile.

By Germans I meant Prussians, sorry for being unclear.

Strasbourg should not be east of the Rhine, and Prussia should not flip it if west of the Rhine.

Is there a way to make civs respawn in World Builder? My Tamil game is in like year 2035 and literally everyone has collapsed.

Top Bottom