Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Oh no, DoC is so painfully behind what aspects of history should be emphasised and foregrounded in my opinion from that perspective.

Oh no, DoC is so painfully behind what aspects of history should be emphasised and foregrounded in my opinion from that perspective.
That may be true, but a lot of people's understanding of history is even further behind. I think if anyone used DoC, or Paradox games, or anything similar as their ONLY resources for learning history, that would be a problem, but as a starting point to pique someone's interest, I think DoC does pretty well. And I really appreciate that you are still actively improving DoC from both a gameplay and a historical perspective.

Is the current Viking historical area strictly based on Viking and Swedish territory or also including Normans as well?

Because southern Italy is contested area while Normandy and Northern Levant weren't included in historical area at all.

Yes, they are.

Oh, more than one probably.

Big if true.

Random question : With the addition of civs and leaders over the mod's history, did you always intend to use fully animated leaderheads for the game, instead of 2d pictures taken from painting, photos, etc... like Realism Invictus and other mods do?

Yeah. If there is no animated art it's not worth including.

I still keep wondering after that non-answer (Hope there's room for Belgium and more SEA civs among others tho).

Anyways, does anyone know how many places can the Delta Works be built in? It can be built in Amsterdam where it was intended, also in New Orleans and I just discovered Helsinki is another possible location.

Anyways, does anyone know how many places can the Delta Works be built in? It can be built in Amsterdam where it was intended, also in New Orleans and I just discovered Helsinki is another possible location.
I just checked and it's too many locations to count. Any location where a river meets the sea and is completely flat works

I just checked and it's too many locations to count. Any location where a river meets the sea and is completely flat works

I'm talking about an empire that I have that includes Russia, China, Spain, Italy, Marseille, Alaska and England but only in Helsinki I can build that wonder. As of the places, I searched for myself and they are:
-Amsterdam.
-Hamburg.
-North of Russia (Arkhangelsk).
-New Orleans (Only place in the whole American continent).
-Helsinki.
-Gambia.
-Kuwait and northeast of it/southeast of Baghdad.
-Alexandria and east of it.
-East of the Indus River delta.
-South/southwest of Perth, Australia.

That means that depending on how you or the AI build their cities only ten cities in the world at most are eligible to build it.

Last edited:
Brest in France can also build it. Might even be a better spot than Amsterdam, don't have the map to count sea tiles. But it is definitely limited.

-Poland
-Baltics
-Near Shanghai
-Northern Australia
-1NE of Buenos Aires
-Belem, Brasil
-1NE, 1S or 1SE of London
- I think it can be built on the Caspian?

Oversimplified?

Top Bottom