Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Three by default, five with Berlaymont.

Something I noticed when looking through tech tree. All techs have some effect which can benefit multiple civs, except Theology, which has a religion and two world wonders. Is this because there hasn't been fitting effect for the tech?

something sky fairy something

But speaking seriously it does bother me a little when a tech can be completely useless to someone because all of its benefits are one-time deals, like this one.

Is it possible to contact Aztecs and Maya too early to trigger conquerors? Or if you win victory or switch civs does it disable conquerors?

Yep, the native Americans get several turns of protection where they're immune to conqueror events. You need to wait a good amount of turns after they spawn to attack them.

Yep, the native Americans get several turns of protection where they're immune to conqueror events. You need to wait a good amount of turns after they spawn to attack them.
Thanks, turns out the magic number is around 1400AD for Aztecs. The Maya didn't trigger conquerors either though, so I think it's a set date for all Native civs rather than a set number of turns.

They are protected from conquerors 10 turns from their spawn on normal speed IIRC.

Elective adds one coin to every city plot. That makes Elective a very strong civic for big empires. Is it intended that city plot is "unimproved"?

Elective adds one coin to every city plot. That makes Elective a very strong civic for big empires. Is it intended that city plot is "unimproved"?
No, will fix.

Why would Elective provide this bonus?

To reward you for having many cities, I guess. But my understanding is that Elective is supposed to be the generally weakest civic in its category, and serve as a transitional bonus while you're still lacking in improved tiles.

Thematically, you could make the case that an elective monarchy empowers cities, small constituent states, local nobles etc.

The Holy Roman Empire, certainly had a degree freedom for urban eras, and the Mongol confederations enabled long-distance trade (when at peace- what a misnomer there)

Under what circumstances do any of you use Elective? I never use it since Despotism is so strong and I find Monarchy is still pretty much always a better choice.

Top Bottom