Dawn of Russians

Is that a guarantee that I get that land? If that is the case I wish to control Uglish until Kazan is available. Once it is, I relinquish control of that city in exchange for Kazan. Does this please the Grand Duke?

If we settled on the iron, then I say we command a worker to farm the wheat to the west of the city.

That's my land! Hands off :p

I thought you were talking about the iron in the SouthWest. My bad Duke Noob.

We shall grow the best swords in the land!

Is that a guarantee that I get that land? If that is the case I wish to control Uglish until Kazan is available. Once it is, I relinquish control of that city in exchange for Kazan. Does this please the Grand Duke?

As long as you stay loyal to the Grand Duke you will get Kazan in the future. Let's talk about present, if you get Uglish what will you do with the city?

If I become Grand Duke of Sankt-Peterburg I have one thing to suggest. Build a navy!

Interesting idea lord Bigfoot. According to you, what kind of navy does our state need right now?

Let us build a farm on the iron
Unfortunately, we don't have the knowledge to irrigate hills, and it is rumored noone managed to do something like that in the world.

Official anouncement (imagine crier shouting this in the streets):

People of Grand Duchy of Muscovy, this day is a day of hapiness. The grand Duke anoints lord TheNood duke of Caricyn, lord Bigfoot duke of Sankt-Peterburg and lord Caterpillar duke of Uglish.

Moschovia lacked the knowledge to train strong up-to-the-era units. So Ivan ordered his scholars to develop a new type of advanced mounted units. Moreover, he planted to build barracks and stables in the duchy to support it.

Ivan asked Byzantine how to build boats. Byzantines recognised the superiority of the moschovian feudal system and decided to study it further. Ivan allowed byzantine scholars to study it. Byzantium was the only ally now, so he wanted it to be strong.

The knowledge of boat building had a result. The rich fur traders of Uglish could reach Moscow efficiently through local rivers. After caviar, fur was one of the most important goods of moschovian economy.

The year 904 was an interesting year for the duchy. Vermin destroyed the food supplies of Caricyn. The french army was threatenly present near Moscow. Nomads explored volga bulgaria and a new duchy was spotted in the west.

Meanwhile, the french army spread christianity in Uglish. However, they said that Pope was the real head of Christianity and not Justinian. They said that the branch followed by their grand Duke was false! How they dare?

Duchy of Kiev declared its indepedence from Muschovy as "Grand Duchy of Kiev" and Vladimir was its "grand duke". Moreover, Vladimir claimed territories of Muschovy saying that Ivan was a usurper! Ivan sent almost all his army to send a message to our "brothers" in Kiev.

The message was delivered successfully. Moscow was the only true capital of the grand duchy, and the grand duchy was Muschovy. Ivan said: "If Kievans want to join our empire, they're welcome. As long as I am their grand duke."

People of Kiev praised god that Ivan liberated them form Vladimir. Inspired by divine presence they became missionaries. Ivan funded their mission and they spread the meaning of true christianity far and wide, including the heretic Uglish.

Pro-vladimir warlords weren't satisfied by Ivan's conquest. They trained a mounted army and attacked Kiev. The moschovian army encoutered the rebels.

Workers managed to cultivate local herds of horse near Moscow. Ivan was able to build a mounted army at last.

Ivan realised that the duchy had a surplus supply of cow. He decided to sell it away for now. Byzanium paid the highest price, still low, but still the highest.

Ivan funded scholars more from the royal treasury. This had a cost, he couldn't pay emergencies, and this might costed more that he expected.

Current situation:
Spoiler :

Cursor is above Moscow.

Duke Bigfoot: Training a navy will keep Sankt-Peterburg undevelopped. Maybe it is better to let Sankt-Peterburg to grow before train any unit. In some years it will grow a fat cross including cows in the west. Note that your city doesn't own any worker (the worker near the city right now are road-builders).

Duke Caterpillar: You didn't gave any orders to your citizents, so I order them at will.

Duke TheNood: Barracks and the farm are completed.

Royal council:

We have one unclaimed duchy, Kiev. Right now it is under military occupation.
I want to train 9 experienced mounted units. By "experienced" I mean the city must have built barracks and stables. At least 3 of them will be trained in Moscow, any volunteers?

I volunteer Caricyn to build three mounted units as well. After that, if we have time, train either an Archer or Longbowman to protect the city.

Send my worker to build mines on the hills 1N and 1E of my city as well.

May I move my rule from Uglish to Kiev? Or would this displease the Grand Duke?

May I move my rule from Uglish to Kiev? Or would this displease the Grand Duke?

You will change your rule to Kazan at some point. So, I wait to see if anyone else claims Kiev. If no other claim is made, you will take control of Kiev.

I volunteer Caricyn to build three mounted units as well. After that, if we have time, train either an Archer or Longbowman to protect the city.

Send my worker to build mines on the hills 1N and 1E of my city as well.

Wonderfull. Start training the longbows. I think we have time to discover guilds before training this advanced mounted weaponry.

That is fair my lord, thank you.

Top Bottom