[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Hey
First of all is this mod still alive?
Because I hope it is as it's really awesome! :p

And another question is there any way to do something about Plagued Smog?
As I had a little accident with a plague bomb to close to my own borders and it's running out of control. :nuke:

hey david, its not dead,

just delayed.

i thank for the great feedback and you back at playing.

ill make an update according to the feed backs here soon enough.

im playing league of legends so much that civ work is being pushed aside.

but i promise ill make an update.

again thank you all for the posts, havnt read all yet..

That's from the man himself.
I still hope I'll be able to make some time one day to do more then the Icon for this great mod and just giving feedback.
One day Keldath, one day... :)

This mod sounds fantastic. Civ V disappointed me so I'm hoping to find enjoyment in civ 4 again. My major question is maps. I like using the giant earth map, is there anything similar in this mod, or is there a way I could add one to it(and if so how?)?

edit-after trying this mod, when I start it up I have several lines of "bug options-failed writing INI file" across my screen that don't go away. They all seem to be pointing to the usersettings folder. Any idea what might be wrong?

edit-after trying this mod, when I start it up I have several lines of "bug options-failed writing INI file" across my screen that don't go away. They all seem to be pointing to the usersettings folder. Any idea what might be wrong?

Welcome on board Korvac. :)

there is an ability to pic a "costume" size for the world map out of a list that overrides the original options. that's through one of the map scripts, can't remember which.
You've probably saw that by yourself but i'm just mentioning it in case you didn't - it's a great option and it's a shame to play a long game only to discover that you could have even a bigger map half way through it, enjoy.

I'd be happy to help you with the second subject also but you've got to give some more details.
I don't mean to disrespect but in which folder did you deploy the mod?
It sounds as if you don't have a valid for work INI file, which could mean that your Civ4Config.INI or "$modname".INI is not responding\existing - it could also mean that there is a hardware problem and that your game is not functioning properly.

do you have that problem only with this mod or is it something that had to do with civilization:BTS as a general problem.

what are you running it on(is your PC up to date)?

some details please. :)

I placed the mod in program files(x86)/firaxis games/civilization 4 complete/Beyond the sword/mods. This is the same folder I have used for the giant earth mod and it seems to be working fine.

I'm not extremely computer savy so bear with me on my questions and answers lol. I know I have a 3.2Ghz dual core athlon processor and 4 gigs of ram with a GForce 6800 XT graphics card. I believe my comp is up to date on all drivers and such.

Thanks for your help.

hey guys,

im still havnt done work on he mod,

but from what it seems, afforess have returned to update hes rand mod, so if he does, ill update doto also :)

Korvac, welcome,

the ini stuff seem to be related to where the mod is placed, not sure for now how i can help.

tuxu, nice to see your still around.

I downloaded the caveman2cosmos mod which seems to have a lot of the same features as this one and got it to work. I'll just try using that one. Thanks for the responses.

Korvac, its fine enjoy it.

ok guys, im back, sorta,

im gonna update the mod to a new dawn 2.

and im gonna (already done!) release another version based upon k-mod, which is great think.

hopefully on the weekend.

hope theres some doto players here still.

I've tried repeatedly to get Song of the Moon2 to work on my computer, but once I get the game set up and click Launch it always CTDs on me. <sigh>

Will wait and see what you come up with using the K-Mod as the base. :D

JosEPh :)

JosEPh_II,

hey, nice to see your still around :)

well, the sotm2 i got out wasn't well build, over time, i even built one on top of kmods early versions.

the mod needs ton of balance and stuff, i just didnt have the strength to work on it, although it have much potential i think, no one seemed to even try it so i left it.

i got the kmod ol version up and running actually, im gonna upload here a beta version so maybe you can help with it.
i just want to add more stuff to it and do some balance work.

Is the last version, with the patch a playable version? Intrigued by the thought of Kmod being used as a base to revamp DotO, it sounds like a great concept. Thought I would get my feet wet with the latest version of DotO if it's playable while the other updates are being hammered out. I'm not modder for sure but if I can help out in some way I can test or what have you with some guidance.

Sweet! I will download tonight, and load it up tomorrow for a run through. I had never tried Doto before, should I also download it and run it just to get a "feel" for what it's about, while playing with the k-mod add on? Just curious. And I'm more than happy to run tests (that is about the only thing I might not blow up), but I'm willing to learn and happy to help out where possible.
Thanks.

hi bloodstone,

wow thank you for willing to try it out :)

well, doto, overlord2, and the current kmod build , are all the same actually.
the techs, the units, the game concept.

the differences are in the core, doto is build on top of a new dawn by afforess, which contain tons of game play stuff, such as new xml tags that adds features, new stuff like advanced diplomacy, and the kmod version contains much less of these things, but it still have plenty to it.
ive built a kmod version since karadoc did some really advanced stuff with the AI, so i wanted that also so ive created a version with it.
so youll be able to say with which version you enjoy more.

p.s. kmods version should be multiplayer compatible.

I saw that in the K-Mod thread, that's totally cool. I have been tied up at work and home with my child's school project and haven't been able to load up a game. I am going to start one tonight, but I'm not a real fast player. Help me out a little bit, do you just want our opinion of the game in a post here, or should we be uploading saves for a play along type thing? I'm not sure and just want to give you what is gonna work best. I will at least be able to log in tonight or sometime tomorrow and give you thoughts on it.
Thanks for taking the time.

hey man,

sure u understand, real life tend to take up most of our time :)

well, what i want, is for to people, just play the mod, take up some notes like to change that or this, thats all, for example - i know that the civics are badly done cause its from another version of mine.

thats all.

on other notes, every day i add more things to the current version,

now i got advanced diplomacy mod,
and civic dependency mod - im gonna create one of the coolest civics system i think.

and more to come.

Top Bottom