[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Not sure if this is discussed in some other post but I just recently downloaded Dawn of the overlords. I keep getting a crash with druidism and a unknown crash later in the game that won't let me bypass. Not much of a description because at this point I'm unsure of the issue.

Keep up the good work.

ok friend,

ill do so, but its not a full featured version - i removed the added sdk stuff, so its all of my xml work on top of kmod.

http://www.2shared.com/file/ILfXAacg/doto_kmod_138.html

stuff like movable mountains, influence driven war and so forth.
although, im checking now using the evolution core (which includes revdcm + a diplomacy) as the core for the mod.
that will probably be on the week end.

any more feed back is welcomed on the mod it self.

excellent! must try it out in next few days.

evolution still has issues (specifically with barb civ, maybe others that i didnt notice) so maybe dont pile a load of work into it yet :)

i was really looking for a k-mod + something interesting for multiplayer with friends. fingers really crossed you get around to merging/ fixing the bugs.

well, i havnt tested this version on mp,

im 99.9% sure that the mod is good for mp- i removed every part from the core except kmod, and i know k is mp good to go - so i recommend u try it out :)

about evolution - i know the dcm problematic stuff - i wont merge any of the barbs stuff, just some xml addition - nothing that changes the game play - stuff like ranged bomb and a diplomacy - i, thinking bout it for now.

i would love to get a feed back on if htis version works on mp :)

I will check this out as soon as I can get someplace to download it. I moved recently and I only have a dial-up connections. Downside to living in a deep rural area.

I love the last DOTO which still had some minor issues. Will look forward to any more improvements you can make to it.

Keep up the good work!

hey keldath,
there's a problem with the download i think. the page opens up and i see the link. click on it and nothing happens. the url changes to imply a 403 error though. tried different browsers but it still hates me.:(

dont suppose you could upload to dropbox or something else?

my pleasure :)

on another note 0 in testing additions to the dll core of kmods, so far it looks promising.

ive added multi bonus prereq for units - now some units will require a combination of resources - some even need 2 - like axeman needs 2 iron for example, maybe this will give the game another dimension and nake u wanna get more bonuses of the same type :)

also i think im renewing my work on song of the moon.

Keldath
Tried your mod out and had a crash around the 33rd turn. I had it on hugh map, My system has 8 GB of memory; with a I-7 processor.

Keldath:
I was using Doto_Kmod..138.
Map: Terra
Size:Huge
Era: Ancient
Speed: Epic
Climate: Temparate
World Wrap: Cylindrical
Resources: Standard
I'm sorry I don't have a save game. Also all the Victory settings were checked.

ok friend,

ill do so, but its not a full featured version - i removed the added sdk stuff, so its all of my xml work on top of kmod.

http://www.2shared.com/file/ILfXAacg/doto_kmod_138.html

stuff like movable mountains, influence driven war and so forth.
although, im checking now using the evolution core (which includes revdcm + a diplomacy) as the core for the mod.
that will probably be on the week end.

any more feed back is welcomed on the mod it self.

Keldath, would you please help us about how to istall the dool with kmod?
what am i supposed to do with the three folders :
Dawn of the overlords
doto kmod 1.38
patch3 for 1.1
?
gracias

heya buddy,

doto kmod - is a stand alone -

dawn of the overlords and the patch - are separate thing.

anyway,
i think theres some stuff in the xml that i think might cause a crash, also the kmod needs an update.

i not sure ill recommend you play it.., if you really wish it ill do some fixing and upload a new version.
theres lots of great mods instead till i get a new one :)

Top Bottom