Dawn of War Unit Conversion

I found that the best way to spent evening before hard exam is converting another unit for WH40K mod. So here's the Scorpion super-heavy grav-tank. I called unit Engine of Vaul, though, beacuse didn't wanted it to be confused with other Scorpion units (there are probably not one with such a name), and because it sounds better, imo. All animating is done by me this time (very simple). Laser beams taken from Aaglo's Land Raider.

Its been awhile since my last activities here - had to abandon civ3 because of RL. So first I have to apologise to everyone I promised to help and couldn't.

Now I'm back at least for sometime, so I'll probably though some more conversions of 40k. But today I have something very different. I don't want to start new thread for single (and probably the only) not 40k conversion. Here's a Land Leviathan from Rise of Legends RTS game. Model is actually from SC2 mod that never got released.

I dreamed about Land Leviathan unit since I saw it in original game and here it is after almost 4 years. It took me almost a year to finish it because of difference between it and DoW models but with a help of friend and a little patience finally here it is. It had a lot of animations but most of them had not direct alternatives in Civ3. Run and Default was ok, but no death, so I replaced it with animation, where the thing digs under the ground. There were a lot of idle animations too, so I just made 3 fidget variations and assigned them to fidget, fortify and victory. Unfortunately, no animation for attaking with claws (no animations for attacking at all to start with), So I used Muffins marines animations again to represent assault cannon and missle fire.

Hope to convert some more stempunky stuff but from DoW again.

Even before reading "steampunky" was thinking in that direction. " ... so I replaced it with animation, where the thing digs under the ground." fits very nicely into that genre. Do please consider converting some of the animations without "direct equivalents". It's amazing how creative people are in finding uses for everything.

Imperator is finished. Helldrake is coming next, followed by Ordinatus, Capitolius or Griffin.

Even before reading "steampunky" was thinking in that direction. " ... so I replaced it with animation, where the thing digs under the ground." fits very nicely into that genre. Do please consider converting some of the animations without "direct equivalents". It's amazing how creative people are in finding uses for everything.

I'd gladly did if there were left any :). I don't know how many animations SC2 units usually use, but this one had only 3 types of idle, walking, dig in and dig out animations. Thought of uning some blast c'n'p for death, but I decided to go with dig in, because it had no purpose anyway. It can be used as fortify though followed by dig out as attack1 and then one of shooting attacks.

Finally Heldrake is out. Very lazy one, I must admit. Only 4 animations + fire attack CnP. CivColour is a bit messed up. That is because most of unit is coloured close to blue and on some frame lights make it civ-colour blue. I didn't bother repainting it whole. So, at least, it doesn't crush the game because of wrong palettes (I hope).
So let's just consider it colour change comes from warp energies:D.

C'tan Shard of Nightbringer

Unfortunately, 30 pics limit ended at OP, so I'll be posting new images in new posts.

Here comes Nightbringer for Necrons. Not the most demanded unit for 40k, but he looks very similar to Grim Reaper and I wanted something like that for a Dark Fantasy mod I have an idea for. So I thought, why not. Grim Reaper very popular character anyway.
Archive includes 3 attack animations, default, run, death and spawn. I didn't bother with centring, it was okayish. But his cloack probably will cover units in nearby tiles - this guy is big.

GK Dreadnought

First unit from GK line is ready and this is Dreadnought. 2 attack animations, default, death, run and fidget - that's it. Not quite happy with palette, but cannot bother anymore. I have some bad luck with GK units this far and had to start from scratch a couple of times. No civcolours too, sicne GK-specific.

Grey Knight, Terminator and Brother-Captain will follow soon.

GK Brother-Captain

Another one bites the dust is ready to join the fray with fellow Grey Knights battle brothers. Brother-Captain will replace Daemon Hunter for, well, Deamonhunters in WH40K mod - they already have inquisitor and daemonhunters are inquisitors too, so no self-repetition. He is basically Daemon Hunters' "canoness".

I wasn't lazy this time - 3 attacks - sword lunge, strombolter and psychic power (used Tom2050's Magic Arrow) - default, death, fidget, fortify and run.

Terminator and striker are left now. I want to make custom airdrop (teleport) animation for them, so these ones will take some time.

Grey Knight

Standard battle brother is done. Added "Cleansing Flame" animation, so it can be used as Purifier too. I also combined cast animation with Vuldacon's teleport beams, so It has airdrop animation ("Gate of Infinity") as I intended.

So, Terminator, Dreadknight and Grey Knights are ready (ok, there is Interceptor, but I will take do it one of the last). Terminator is very glitchy for some reason, though. But I already made teleportation for him, so not much left.

Horror

What is the point in Grey Knights if they have nothing to kill? So here is last lesser daemon for WH40k mod - Horror of Tzeentch, promised by me long ago. Only 5 animations - default, run, death, attack and spawn (airdrop). I think, it turned pretty nice though. I played with animations again and added Portal of Summoning unit to Death and Spawn. I'd like to have some sort of vortex on the ground instead, but didn't find anything better. Unit looks a little small compared to a space marine, but chaos has many forms, right? :)

I'm a bit tired of Grey Knights, so I'll go for Dread Knight later. Next will probably be some Eldar, or Renegades or even some stuff for BfA (yes, I'm still working on it) - depends on mood.

Top Bottom