1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of War Unit Conversion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Fortis1, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Ravenwing

Deathwing

Death Company

Techmarine

Warpsmith

All my conversions for a few last days are above. I made pretty much all SM and CSM units, that were left in the list. As I mentioned earlier, I won't be doing Iron Priest, Plasma Cannon or Veteran for DA. For now, at least. There are a couple of things to be done actually: a new raptor would be cool, and assult marine has only ultramarines colours. And I still don't have Chaos Rhino. But these are things to do last.

For now I want to finish Imperium and Chaos leftovers. Sisters need Arco-Flagellant. I found a model, but run animation for it doesn't show up correctly, and I don't know what to do. Daemon Hunters need Interceptor, but I think, I have this one too. I won't be converting more stuff for autoproduction.

The next main target are Eldar. I'm going to rethink their unit line once more, but units left to make seem to be easy ones. Ships are still a problem.

Tau is a whole different problem. While I hope, I'll have Broadside after AGON:E release, Crisis Suit and Tau Commander are still to be done, as well as ships.

And after that every faction still need a titan/missile unit.

2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

3. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Its feet keep attached to the ground in the run animation, while legs keep moving. I'd need a better understanding of how bones work to fix that.

4. Vuldacon

Fortis1... if you are talking about the unit when animating it for the Run, check to see if the Legs are set to use Inverse Kinematics.

5. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

The unit comes already with animations, my have only to set them up and render. I asked my brother about it, and he said that the whole skeleton is a mess and that is not for a noobie to fix it. :( I think, the problem may be in the Import script itself, it corrupts skeleton setting somehow.

Anyway, Arcoflagellants are not that important. Witch Hunters may use Orbital Bombardment as their secon artillery unit.

Meanwhile, I finished Interceptor.

Once again, I used Vuldacon's wonderful teleport animations for it.

I think, this is the last unit for DH. WH are finished too, if AF is not to be made.

6. Vuldacon

Fortis1... I see, Many Trials and Tribulations making a MOD and it seems you are handling it well.
    Take your time and create it the way you want.

7. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Vuldacon, yes, it is a real luck that DoW units are relatively easy convertable to Civ3 format. Losing a couple is acceptable sacrifaces for such a great possibility.

So, I have to news.

Good: I managed to contact LMR, and he said that he will look for WH-stuff on his side, when he'll has time. So at least the mod will be getting Chaos Rhino!

Also Good: Here comes Stompy Boy

It has ranged and melee attack, fidget, death, run and teleport. Once again, credits to Vuldacon for his teleportation animation - it saved me so much time.

Orks 100% completed, including autoproduction stuff. Now is Eldar turn. I will review their lines once again. They should be easy. At least easier than GK units which took me a lot of effort to convert and I'm still not satisfied.

8. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Dark Reaper
    Ranger
    Swooping Hawk
    Shining Spear
    War Walker
    Warp Spider
    Hornet
    Harlequin

Here's a small Christmas/New Year present for eldar fans. These are the last remaining units for Eldar line from WH40k mod (except ships, of course). Some are not positioned perfectly, but it'll do for now. Note that hornet have two spawning animations. Alt is default but it can be changed to standart easily.

9. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Updated Brass Scorpion

Wanted to do it for quite some time. I just thought that it might be used for different mods too not only for Khorne in the mod. I upscaled it and updated animations too (it was even smaller than defiler originaly while it is bigger than Baneblade in game). I tried to do main cannon animation but didn't achieve a result that could satify me. It shoots some lasers form tail though.

10. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Visitor

I know, I should be finishing unit lines for Tau, but no. I just wanted a full fledged bulky steampunk automaton unit for Civ 3 and found this guy in one of the mods. So enjoy! It had several neat animations, even working one. I think, I cut more frames than I should this time and its motions are a bit swift, but I am okay with this.

11. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Commander Puretide would be proud!

Finished Tau units! Credits go to Vuldacon for helping me to handle palette and animation time problems. And if it is not for his wonderful tutorials, this whole conversion project wouldn't be possible at all!

XV-8 Crisis

Has several standard animations, including paradrop. Additional fly animation is included, which can replace "Run" (add _Fly in the end of the unit folder's name). Fusion Blaster+Burst Cannon attacks. There's a small bug in some animations and directions, where it moves a bit from the center of a frame. Nothing much I could do with it.

XV-88 Broadside

Has several standard animation.Railgun attack. Planned an additional missile attack for it, but screwed the plans in the end. Maybe, will add it later with an update. Has a small bug, similar to crisis ones, but the animation displaced as a whole. This was a common bug with my earlier conversions, and wasn't bothering me for a while. I have no idea, why it returned, and only on a single unit. Railguns may be the case. My least favorite unit from the pack, as it is not as centered as I'd like too, but I am too short on time (and motivation, to be honest) to redo it. I hope, that when Nanuk's AGON mod is realeased, they would be kind enough to share Gwendolyn's Broadside with WH40K mod. Until then, we have what we have.

XV-22 Stealth Suit

All several standard animations+fly and drop. Everything seems fine, one of my favorite units from the pack. Fusion Blaster attack.

Tau Commander

All as above, paradrop+fly. Fusion blaster attack.

Earth Caste Builder Drone

Unfortunately, LMR never finished his Fio'la unit. So, we will have this nice little drone instead. 4 different working animations. Included two attacks animations too, to represent drone being beaten down, if you don't want it to be capturable.

Tetra

Nice little skimmer. Pulse rifle attack.

Barracuda

Tau Fighter. Missile attack.

Tiger Shark

Tau Fighter-Bomber. Railgun+burst cannon attack. Ended up being a bit lower, than I intended and a bit lower than the most aircraft. Hope, there won't be any problems with it. If there's any, I will fix it, when I have more time.

I had hard time converting it, because my FLICster stopped to produce correct .flcs for some reason. But, thanks to Vuldacon, I managed to fix it and finish them. Though it is not flawless, I like it. Have to figure out what to do with the rest of the units.

Snodmaulvenn likes this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fortis1 likes this.
  13. Snodmaulvenn

Snodmaulvenn Chieftain

Thanx, Great units.

Fortis1 likes this.