Dawn of War Unit Conversion

Stormtrooper

Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition! Well, Imperial Guard in this case, because Stromtroopers are not a part of Inquisitions for 3 editions already. Not that WH40k mod really needed stormtrooper, but I made it anyway to quell my conscience. Only 5 animations, but I didn't find anything more that I could bring. Unfortunately, there were nothing close to paradrop animation, but I suggest to use Aaglo's Imperial Valkyrie Fidget - this is exactly how Stormtroopers reach the field.

Intended for BfA but could be used in WH40K mod too.

Genestealer

Praise the Four-Handed Emperor! Why not to fill unit lines for WH40K mod with key units and convert unnecessary stuff instead? Because I can!

Actually, not so useless, because Tyranids needed another barbarian unit. Giant Squid from Warhammer Fantasy can be "Hiveship", so barbarian line for WH40K is complete.

True intention for this unit, however, is for BfA2. They will be auto-produced unit for Orks. Imagine them act independently and be just another problem for Imperial Army.

Awesome new additions to the 40K unit lines! Thanks for your awesome conversion work!

Thanks, Nick! I am eager to finish WH40k mod. Things are hard since LMR is not around. I hope, he will be back some day and at least send me units, that I don't have (particularly, Chaos Rhino). But untill then, I have no choice but to convert all the stuff we need.

Meanwhile, Traitor Russ

Death animation goes out of a frame, unfortunately, but otherwise it is OK. This leaves me with Apostate Cardinal and Chaos Spawn to finish LatD unit line.

Farseer

That concludes Eldar Heroes. I wanted to replace Avatar with Autarch initially, but the model is very compicated and this is not a significant unit. So I think what to add to special weapons. Maybe, I'll try to convert eldar war walker - I had some trouble with it in the past because of odd teamcoloring I haven't used to.

Anyway, here is Eldar Farseer. I made two magic attacks with Tom2050's dispell and chain lightning spells. Final attack is a staff strike. I removed pistol, because adding shooting attack would shift stance. I thought, that making more magic is better choice. I also noticed that she had white hair ponytail coming from under her helmet. Probably, should've recolored it, so it is not the same color her armor is, or give her a "haircut". But I noticed it only on testing. Too much work to fix such a small detail was needed and I left it as it is.

If I give up on Swooping Hawks, Rangers and Dark Reapers, the Eldar units, except autoproduction, is almost ready. Only War Walker is left. Ironically, both SM and Chaos need more units to be finished at the moment.

I whisper to my blades: "Kill! Kill!..."

Another girl to participate in endless war of 40000 mod. I plan to use her as an assassin of Inquisition factions. The model was very nice to work with and I made 9 animations total! Yes, this is the first time I found an animation, that could be used as victory. And I really satisfied with the work besides some trifles (I feel, she is somewhat out of proportions, but in the game where tank is as tall as a spearman, this is not the thing one would worry about).

My summor vacation closing to its end, so there will be another break till the next year. I want to convert as much stuff as possible - there is still so much stuff to do for the mod. Expect some more inquisitorial stuff soon.

Comms Relay

Made static Comms Relay animation for Orbital Bombardment unit. I used WildWizzel's Energy Beam and some exploisons with blank run animation and it ended up pretty nice. I won't release this as a separate unit, but will use in the scenario. I placed relay as default animation - the idea is that signals goes to a space ship on low orbit, that commence bombardment on chosen target then.

I will also use this for Distress Signal unit in BfA that upgrades either to Dante or Horst.

Behold the Immolator Tank's burning glory!

And let's play some music!

Or suppress a rebelion?

3 conversion per 2 days - lack of games and Warhammer news do the job. Well, THAT. WAS. HARD. Transfering flamer animation from German Flamethrower to Immolator was one of the most boring thing I did in my life. And it would be okey, if not constant overheating of my laptop. Exorcist was easier but still no cake (btw, credit goes to Erebras for his idea of using Firaxis SAM as Exorcist missile).

In the end, Attack, Death, Run, Default and Fidget/Fortify/Victory for every unit - 5 animations is everything a tank will need. Frame sizes I chose weren't optimal, so edges eat edges of some flame and missile launch effects.

But now I feel that the end of units not so far away. Probably, mod will be ready by 41st millenium as intended! (someone, help me with LHs, please, anything will do!)

Chaos Spawn

It suffers from the same problem GK terminator does - too itchy on NW animations. But for Chaos thing it is OK and even benifical. Only if it did so on SW to...

This is the last unit I convert for LatD unit line - other have OK placeholders. I will use Erebras's Preacher with Chainsword as Apostate Cardinal placeholder.

Spawn starts a chaos wave (as always - probably).

"By my light, we shall purge this wretched, tainted land!"

As I promised, I started daemonic line, and the first daemon is the daemon of the Emperor! Imperium always have to get stuff first, right?:lol:

There are 3 attack, default, death, fortify, fidget, run and victory animations (the last one even includes doves!). And the work was very pleasant. Model, suprisingly, had high illumination, and, IMO, it made it even better. I also was afraid, that wings will go off the frame, but they did only a bit - hardly noticeable. So I am content with how it ended again.

Living Saint will be special weapon for Witch Hunters or auto-produced from wonder. I gave up idea of adding combat servitors - they are really dull. And for daemonhunters special weapon will be either Jokaero or Daemonhost.

I feel, my converting skills impoved over two years (and if I only learnt something new about 3d max...), so I want to remake some eariler stuff. Not before everything is ready for WH40K mod, of course (except brass scorpion - he is really... well... bad, and I need civ-colored version).

I'm rooting for you! Do not dismay as his light shines upon you from the Golden Throne!

Must... obliterate!

I've caught a cold last week and was tired of conversions too, but wanted to do some stuff before departure too. To think of it, if I've kept previous rate, I could've finished unit lines by this time. Anyway, here's obliterator. Made flesh-metal weapons attack with lascannon, bolter and assault cannon. Again, used Tom's fireball for teleportation animation. This is another one I wanted to converted for a long time.

Must... obliterate!

I've caught a cold last week and was tired of conversions too, but wanted to do some stuff before departure too. To think of it, if I've kept previous rate, I could've finished unit lines by this time. Anyway, here's obliterator. Made flesh-metal weapons attack with lascannon, bolter and assault cannon. Again, used Tom's fireball for teleportation animation. This is another one I wanted to converted for a long time.
Keep going!

"We are filled with the power of Chaos!"

Probably, this is the last thing before the long break. Very simple conversion, done in one evening. No special effect and minimal civcolours. Not many animations too - 2 attack, default, death, run and fidget (which looks like another attack, but I didn't find any better). Chaos is close to completion now, but I still don't have rhino. Other than that - sorceres and warpsmiths to be done.

Thank you, everyone, who followed me! 'Till January now, I guess...

Fortis1... You have a very interesting conversion Game going here.
I know it has required a great deal of work to make and I am sure it will "pay off".

Much work and I can see that you are devoted to it... Great! Should be a Keeper.

Thank you, for your kind words, Vuldacon, and sorry for a late reply! If WH40K mod will every be finished, my work will certainly be worth it.

Meanwhile, I got back home for a couple of weeks, and this means its civ3 modding time.

Here comes magic boys:

Librarian

Chaos Sorcerer

Sorcerer Lord

They are pretty much a conclusion to Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines unit lines. I think, only some unque unis for other chapters and worker units are left.

Once again, I used Tom2050's spells for psychic powers animation. Animations are not bare minimum this time - all 3 units have a, b and c attacks (2 magic and 1 melee) and at least fidget. For libby I used Magic Arrow and Dispel (smite and kind of psychic barrier), Quicksand and Bind for Sorcerer (Nurgle's Rot and Chains of Torment) and for Lord I took NavyDawg's Black Hole (Infernal Gateway). For some reason, SBB multi-unit tool screwed sorcerer lord's palette a bit, but I hope, it is bearable. I didn't make separate palette for SorcLord - I took one from LMR's Rubric Marine, so it is not civcolored.

I know, that librarian has to have a blue part of armor regardless of chapter he belongs to, but since blue is a civ-color, I didn't bother. Models looks a bit smaller than Muffins' space marines, but mostly because of different proportions.

Top Bottom