Dead Space is available on Origin now for free.

Anhellia

Chieftain
Origin isn't really bad, it could be a bit better, and have more features, but for the most part it is just not really useful or necessary (at least compared to Steam) rather than actually being bad.

It also probably isn't required for more than just downloading the game. Also its download speed indicator is out of the total uncompressed file size, not what you are downloading, so it makes it look like it has a faster download speed than it does.

EA putting games on sale cheapens games
But giving away games for free dosnt.

Origin is fine it just doesn't work as well as steam (slower, takes longer to launch the app and to download games). If you install the game through origin I think you still have to launch it through origin as well, not 100% on that but I know that's how I launch mass effect 3. Maybe you can make a shortcut so you can bypass opening origin like steam games allows? I do know origin runs perfectly fine in offline mode so I have never had issues not being able to play my games.

Origin is fine it just doesn't work as well as steam (slower, takes longer to launch the app and to download games).
I haven't noticed it being any slower than Steam in those regards, usually it is about the same but starts up faster.

If you install the game through origin I think you still have to launch it through origin as well, not 100% on that but I know that's how I launch mass effect 3.
That is only for a few EA games that actually require Origin, even though they don't really need or use it. BF3, BF4, ME3 and Sim City 2013 are the ones I know need it.

Origin is actually faster than Steam in basically every way, including downloads, and takes up less memory. It also has a better, cleaner interface than Steam, as well as full refunds on EA games. Steam has a lot more features, much better sales, and orders of magnitude more games. They are each better in different ways, but neither is necessarily "bad".

Origin is actually faster than Steam in basically every way, including downloads, and takes up less memory.
Not really or at least not by anything that isn't negligible. Unless you have some lousy hardware or a slow web connection or are using a Steam server that is just being slow due to very heavy traffic (in which case you can easily change that), I timed it and Steam only takes one (1) second longer to fully load up. Origin calculates your download rate oddly and often inaccurately, it tells me I am downloading something at almost 4MB/S which is impossible since my download speed is capped at about 3MB/S. The amount of memory it uses is more or less the same as Steam, ~100MB. It does depend on how many pages (ie the store, community stuff, etc) you have open in the clients.

It also has a better, cleaner interface than Steam
Not really, they are more or less about the same level of usefulness for the most. Origin just has less content on it.

, as well as full refunds on EA games.
Surprisingly EA support is actually pretty good, most of the time.

Origin is actually faster than Steam in basically every way, including downloads, and takes up less memory. It also has a better, cleaner interface than Steam, as well as full refunds on EA games. Steam has a lot more features, much better sales, and orders of magnitude more games. They are each better in different ways, but neither is necessarily "bad".

That has not been my experience at all. Origin takes a bit longer to launch and will only use ~50-75% of my bandwidth during downloads. Steam will max out my bandwidth during downloads. Maybe some of my settings aren't right.

Either way though, I'd easily recommend either. Both are easy to use. And both a lot better than uplay lol.

Well, it's not like I really use either one for anything besides clicking "play".

Top Bottom