1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Debate & Discussion #1 - invading GCA

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Gingerbread Man, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah. Oh ****, our production is tiny...:( But, if we can make to that deadline Boots talked about. But six turns is too long time to wait. We needed those toops last week! Horses really might be useful, but I'd consider more on MI's.

2. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I agree that MI's are the better unit. GCA probaly has some good defenses where horseman would fall easily. Since chivalry is alot of turns away... I think we need the MI's.

I also think we need settlers and maybe a galley. We need at least one city in the west off the continent for port purposes. After we know we have a hold on GCA, we need mass production of settlers and workers. Owning these lands are vital to make sure others think twice before trying anything against us. BTW, I think GWT would send settlers to settle our lands, if we don't settle them ASAP. I know this requires alot of shields, but we have to focus and plan city production very carefully. Just my boring and useless two cents.

Anyway, who is drawing up the war plans? Where is the Department of Defense? Most important, does this armor make me look fat?

3. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I don't at all hink that was boring or useless. :)

CG *should* be making the war plans. But, as he is absent, maybe we should appoint someone else to figure out battle plans. ASAP! Urgent!

:lol: No, you don't look fat, only maybe a little plump...:mischief:

4. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Chieftain

OK, here goes. :D

1.) No. We must work to improve our economy, rather than seeking land which we cannot possibly gain, and even if we did, we could not hold. I say put all our effort into making our economy as strong as possible, so we will be able to stand up to Apolyton as long as possible. This means build workers and start improving the countryside.
    2.) Not much choice, Poly will have wiped them out before we could get an army there. And even if we did manage to get one city, we are already over-extended.
    3.) N/A
    4.) N/A
    5.) No, it is a waste of money, and money is in short supply, since we are economically backwards.
    6.) Too long.

Did I mention we should focus on our economy? ;)

5. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

But we need to send out at least a token force to tell 'Poly that we are on their side, and honour the deals we made.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Yes, it would be beneficial to us to make sure that Poly knows we're on their side militarily and will honor our agreements with them. And while we're at it, let's try to take as many cities as possible.

7. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I strongly believe we should regain control of our lands and Balance of Power during this war. I don't think Apolyton should get everything here. When GCA is destroyed we should be equal in power to poly, or at least as close to as possible. That means we should get Balance of Power and the cities between.

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

@MRex- if we don't expand, Poly will at least surely be much bigger than us. If we get those grasslands, they will be good places for new cities. And, Poly should know we are on their side. I think, that if we get BoP and a few pikemen there, our chances will be quite good to hold our position.

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Besides, taking some cities by ourselves and gaining strength will make it more likely that poly will view us as a worthy and trusted ally.

If we are no more than a less-than-10-cities-state on the border of the Apolytonian Empire, that will not be a very mutual alliance...

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Excactly. Even if we had a decent economy, Poly might only be interested of us in being a puppet & for researching two techs at a time.