Deity: Can you play passive pre-100 turns?

The point is both require research level 356bpt doesn't allow. And if you insist on treating AA joke seriously, then no, you can't conquer a runaway opponent by spamming AA guns.

I wouldn't suggest beelining for flight to build an AA army, but if your opponent is spamming bombers why build any ground units but AA

and if you are going to claim to be an elite civ player you should at least remember that at deity level how much the AI likes to spam knights which then get upgraded into gunships which utterly rip through tanks.

Open to argument, but so be it. It still has nothing to do with OP's situation though.

I was repremanded for talking about hitler but thats basically what hitler did when he realized he didn't have any oil: build a bunch of 88s and hope the allies get tired of bombing his factories.

My main question that led me to start this thread was that whether it is possible to prioritize tech first and apply a science first-military later approach. Some of you say it's possible and others tell me to be aggressive from early on. I'm not sure what to do.

You need the early units for defense anyway, just that if you are lucky on map and city locations, you can counter-attack with CB's effectively. I think it depends on the situation though, since an enemy city on a hill, with walls, surrounded by forest will shut down any CB counter-attack. Maybe some of the better players out there can pull that off, but I usually am forced to defend until later.

Otherwise I see no reason why your Immortal strategy shouldn't work. There a few Deity players here who push the lower techs right after universities.

it has plenty to do with the OP:

Hey OP:

play aggressive from turn 1 and make sure to get dat oil son. otherwise you will be stuck spamming AA units like hitler.
Friendly advice (and yes, I do know where these usually go, but I'm a believer) - if you want to be taken seriously here, you should reconsider using this trollish tone.

My main question that led me to start this thread was that whether it is possible to prioritize tech first and apply a science first-military later approach. Some of you say it's possible and others tell me to be aggressive from early on. I'm not sure what to do.
It's possible but not guaranteed. AI expands quickly and growth quickly, thus you need a strong scientific base. If the terrain allows turtling and no aggressors nearby to slow you down with multiple early wars, you can sit back rather comfortably, beeline Dynamite, conquer half of the world with artillery and finish off the rest with planes. The problem is that wars do slow you down, and on deity it's very unlikely you'll be left alone. Counter attacking and getting puppets make up for that, besides, you trim down some of your rivals. But if you solely defend, you're in danger of never being able to gain enough strength, because those neighbors who DoWed you early will keep DoWing you later while growing and getting even bigger. You may end up with too little time on your hands and too many capitals left.

Top Bottom