• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

Sadly I really don't have much to say so it will be just a quick post.

T230: Optimizing production and gold everywhere, growth is over. I come up with a solution for happiness which is a pretty urgent matter. I buy a GE and will use it for Neuchwanstein. I start to make walls/castles elsewhere.

T234: Berlin falls fairly quickly with Essen. -13 happiness ouch. Keep building happiness stuff guys ! Berlin comes with an airport.

T235: Germany capture Honolulu. Our land units will probably go that way

T236: We continue to poke slowly at german cities while trying to maintain happiness. I start to airlift units

T240: We're back at 0 happiness and Berlin seems secured. We still have to fight wave of units but home is back to full unit production. I've sent us to plastics to boost science and labs are worth 1 happiness.

Next player should continue the war and should be able to crank up unit production in the capital. The lift is between Washington and Berlin.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Washington_0240 AD-1650.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
That was nice of Bismarck to help us out with Honolulu. We'll still need to find Venice.

How many of these German cities should we be keeping and how many should we be razing?

Turn 240 – 1650 AD – Everything looks great. I think the only luxury that we don’t have is whale.

IBT – Bismarck wants peace. OK, if you give us Venice and Honolulu. No? Then the war goes on. Darius wants to renew a truffles for 6gpt deal. Make it 7? He agrees.

Turn 241 – 1655 AD – Dimity Mendeleev is born. In addition to showing us about the periodic table of elements, he also shows us how to make plastics. We go for refrigeration next because I like submarines.

Philly: landship => research lab
New York: castle => research lab
Boston: paratrooper => research lab

I notice that Bonn is still existing. Bismarck has planted Munster with all its cheese along our supply lines. He is also bombing Sukhothai from somewhere. Weisbaden has two aircraft stationed there. We’ll also need to clean up our own backyard.

Turn 242 – 1660 AD - Refrigeration comes in. I go for combined arms next for tanks.

Bremen falls fairly quickly with rocket artillery. The German navy in the sea west of Stuttgart is fairly substantial. Two carriers with planes. Three battleships. Sink a battleship and a carrier.

We have a carrier sitting out in the middle of the ocean. I am assuming that we are using that to ferry aircraft across the pond.

Turn 243 – 1665 AD – About five German units sally forth to recapture Bremen. Kill three of them, but the city is on shaky ground at the moment. Bismarck turtles with his navy and sends most of them north toward Koln.

IBT – Ahmed denounces us. Your time will come. Rammy renews a cash for lux deal.

Turn 244 – 1670 AD – Kill more invading Germans.

IBT – Kamehameha and Darius denounce us.

Turn 245 – 1675 AD – We vote evenly against both UN resolutions. Kill a few Germans and start working on Hanover.
Lisboa: battleship => submarine
Porto: paratrooper => research lab

Turn 246 – 1680 AD – Propose order as a world ideology. That won’t make us a lot of friends, but will help with happiness. Bombard Stuttgart down to red. Next turn We can take it and then we’ll raze it.

Keep an eye out on the city which has Prora, it should give us 6-ish happies

I'd plow through most of Germany and reduce them to ruin before accepting peace, leave them with like, 2 cities and burn everything else

IBT – Monaco and Bremen are captured by the Germans.

Turn 247 – 1685 AD – Recapture Bremen. Capture Stuttgart. It has a lot of good stuff in it so I don’t raze it.

Boston: research lab => stadium
Philly: research lab => stadium

Persia is influential over Venice. Not a big deal
IBT – The Doge wants us to denounce Dido. Not a problem, especially since neither of you are players anymore.
Turn 248 – Red line Hamburg. Kill a bunch of German units.
NYC: research lab => stadium

Turn 249 – Capture Hamburg and Notre Dame. We may not be able to hold it for this turn.

IBT – Korea gives Frankfort back to the Germans. Now we have a two front war. Hamburg is recaptured as expected. Hong Kong is going to fall to the Germans next turn. We will probably want to put together a naval task force to take back Hong Kong and Monaco.

Turn 250 – 1700 AD – Recapture Hamburg. Capture Frankfort. Capture Cologne and Prora.

Washington: research lab =>rocket arty
Berlin: factory => library
Lisbon: submarine => submarine

For the life of me I can’t get my machine to take a screenshot. Would someone please kindly download the save and take some for me.

Passdown information for the next better player: Bismarck is nearly gassed on his home continent, but is still fairly active on ours. We will probably want to put together a naval task force to regain our city state allies: Monaco (who has fallen) and Hong Kong (who will fall next turn).

We still do not know where Venice is, but I suspect it is just west of Cologne. We will have to deal with Columbo who is the city state just northwest of Cologne. Once we can shake some units free, you can probably go get Honolulu. That actually should be easy to do.

Our happiness is presently under control. I have been building a lot of happy buildings though. Getting Prora and Notre Dame helped.

Attachments

• Washington_0250 AD-1700.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
I just realized that I never reset our cities to grow once we got our happiness under control. I imagine we could use some serious micromanaging.

Alright, please put some screenshots up of our continent and the other and I'll play it out today. I think I should: (nevermind, didn't read that bit initially)

1. Completely clear out all German cities from our lands, literally raze everything and liberate the city states.

2. Get Venice and Honolulu in the crossfire. Peace with Germany when they have nothing left.

3. Move on to Persia and Morocco and try to siege Korea from the seas. Persia might be a bit tough and Morocco (and Korea probably) will be pushovers.

4. I forgot the map layout so I don't know if the beachhead assaults will work as well in Persia and Morocco, do they even have tough coastal expos, both caps are inland.

I don't think we need to grow anymore, it's the final phase and it's all about gold and production. I will also try to keep the economy in check. Remember we have a 120gpt from Hawaii in a peace deal on my last turn so that's running to a close. I'm not sure how Bonn managed to survive, it was at 1 health with 2 of our ally's GWI ready to capture it on the same turn

I would keep Bonn for the oil, unless we can grab it with a general.

Alright, initial plan is indeed a bit complicated as the mainland doesn't really have any armies left, they've all been airlifted, so it will take a while before we get to clear out the continent of German cities

Start off by couping 2 city states. Happiness is at +17 now so I change the production to Tanks/Rocket Artillery. German cities need to be cleared out and all city states liberated. Siam provide open borders for 1 Iron. I sell excess chocolate to Siam and Venice for a slight boost in economy. Building maintenance is killing us, I'd really like to get rid of some of the dead weight cities but it's the team's decision. It was smart to have a Harbor in a city which will now connect all of it to the capital.

251: Deal with Hawaii ends. Economy plummets to -109gpt and happiness is down to only a +3. Two stadiums should be up in 3 turns. I'm going after Hannover.

Turn 253: I captured Hannover, further crippling Germany. I will move inland once my fleet circles back to the western part, then we'll know they have no navy left. I managed to calm our economy, we'll be solvent in a few turns. Happiness will be under control again.

Rest will be played tomorrow. Advice welcome in the meantime

Bismarck does have several naval units south of our continent. I would estimate 3-6 battleships. As you noted there are some naval units off the coast of Siam. IIRC, there are at least two battleships and a carrier off the Siamese coast.

My advice: switch to full production and build Wealth. Surely you don't need to build anything, and can just buy your units in an annexed city which has ended its revolt? Concentrate on taking social policies that give happiness and cheap units, and sell your science buildings for a massive saving.

I thought about that as well. I don't think we need them as much but science buildings give 1 happy so it's a bit risky.

I forgot to add I bulbed towards nukes as I'm planning on dropping it on Persia who have a bigger army than Germany before the war

My advice: switch to full production and build Wealth. Surely you don't need to build anything, and can just buy your units in an annexed city which has ended its revolt? Concentrate on taking social policies that give happiness and cheap units, and sell your science buildings for a massive saving.

I have learned another new thing. So you don't think we will need to continue to tech for a while, or you think we can wrap this up before the next age?

Ok, not much details to write about that's not shown in pictures. Germany are pretty much destroyed now, I have spread out to clear them from our continent and to reduce them to ruins. Also, to liberate some of our allies. It's slow because the map is really big.

I'm guessing they will be willing to accept a peace deal now, we should probably capture Munich on the next turn and then ask for Honolulu as Venice is currently their capital (yes we finally found it).

Persian army is humongous though but their empire seems a lot more compact and a focused attack should tame them. This is far from over though, as Morocco and Korea are not really accessible easily.

Economy and happiness seem to be back on track.

Attachments

• america_south.jpg
    america_south.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 107
  • america_east.jpg
    america_east.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 72
  • america_north.jpg
    america_north.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 67
Why do you guys never think you have anything interesting to say? You retook Monaco. It would be interesting to hear how that went.

How much a pain in the butt has Columbo been?

Do you think we need to wipe out the German cities on our continent or should we just leave them?

We can step it back up to 15 turns each if that's what you want to do. The 10 turn limit was predicated on you guys actually reporting on what happened during your turn set. If you aren't going to be doing any reporting, then we can make it 20 or 50 turns. Actually, then we can just call it an individual game.

So if this game isn't going to be over for a while, do we really want to slow down our tech rate as consentient recommended?

Are we going to need access to German lands to get to Morocco and Korea? If so, then we just might want to take the German cities we need now.

Top Bottom