Deity Cathrine Challenge!

Whats your involvement status in this challenge?

• Want to play the map and port my result!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Want to play the map and se what others do

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Just want to follow the thread and see what players do.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
T246 domination victory, 1680AD
Spoiler :

1704217455311.png

I went for a pure hammer economy + Police State for pretty much all the wars, which was a nice break from the traditional whipping all the time. Then when I wanted to tech I switched back into Rep and ran scientists everywhere. With Gandhi it would have been even better

Alrighty, back from the holidays.

Here's my T100 screenshot, and the corresponding video where I finally talk while playing! Kudos to @Henrik for commentary in all his videos. I feel like I play 25% slower while talking and explaining (and my explanations are really just self-mumbles), so it's definitely extra work!

Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG

I'm sure you're aware, CarSnook&Chill,
Spoiler :
This looks like a massive fail @ T.100
Did you miss on the Pyramids on the account of building the Great Wall ? Eek. TGW has close to 0 value. I don't understand the appeal.
Skipping Agriculture is an interesting thought, provided you get the wonder that matters. That is the Mids.
The delay on Pottery is not at all made up by the suboptimal city placement.

I am very much reluctant to rush a wonder at the expanse of cities.
A 2 cities Oracle/GLH/Pyramids is a cost of opportunity too high compared with a "normal expansion" + the wonder (a 3 cities Oracle, a 4 cities GLH/Pyramids, etc.).

It seems you thwarted your tech path so early (delayed Agri + Pottery and subsequent Writing)... and the only gain was the useless GW.
I've gained some understanding from your previous games, notably the "Earliest Academy Possible", i've noted as your trademark. And this is very different.

Reaching the Alpha trade by T100 does seem like... that massive fail :cry:You're basically out of the trading game at this point, whereas I would expect Civil Service to be researched by then :cry: I'm sure you know :cry: You did much better in most other threads :lol::goodjob: Fails happen. Until next time :hug:
Don't take me wrong, I'm not at my best at expressing my thoughts at the moment. I only allow myself to say this in comparison with the other results you've displayed so far on these boards.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're aware, CarSnook&Chill,
Spoiler :
This looks like a massive fail @ T.100
Did you miss on the Pyramids on the account of building the Great Wall ? Eek. TGW has close to 0 value. I don't understand the appeal.
Skipping Agriculture is an interesting thought, provided you get the wonder that matters. That is the Mids.
The delay on Pottery is not at all made up by the suboptimal city placement.

I am very much reluctant to rush a wonder at the expanse of cities.
A 2 cities Oracle/GLH/Pyramids is a cost of opportunity too high compared with a "normal expansion" + the wonder (a 3 cities Oracle, a 4 cities GLH/Pyramids, etc.).

It seems you thwarted your tech path so early (delayed Agri + Pottery and subsequent Writing)... and the only gain was the useless GW.
I've gained some understanding from your previous games, notably the "Earliest Academy Possible", i've noted as your trademark. And this is very different.

Reaching the Alpha trade by T100 does seem like... that massive fail :cry:You're basically out of the trading game at this point, whereas I would expect Civil Service to be researched by then :cry: I'm sure you know :cry: You did much better in most other threads :lol::goodjob: Fails happen. Until next time :hug:
Don't take me wrong, I'm not at my best at expressing my thoughts at the moment. I only allow myself to say this in comparison with the other results you've displayed so far on these boards.
I think you may want to take a look at the screen again haha..

Spoiler :

I got the Pyramids, it's in the other city. It's also not a 2 city rush. This is Currency at T100. I am very much ahead of the trading game. The cities are a little happiness capped at the moment but that'll resolve shortly.

Riiiight...
Spoiler :
It's in St Pet ! :goodjob: I confess I did not watch the whole vid, only the beginning and mostly looked at the screen :mischief: And missed :lol:
I haven't played so far, yet, so I'll hold back. My bad :hug:

I'll maintain that skipping on Agriculture is a very interesting thought :goodjob:

Riiiight...
Spoiler :
It's in St Pet ! :goodjob: I confess I did not watch the whole vid, only the beginning and mostly looked at the screen :mischief: And missed :lol:
I haven't played so far, yet, so I'll hold back. My bad :hug:

I'll maintain that skipping on Agriculture is a very interesting thought :goodjob:
Spoiler :

Yeah, now looking at T100 spoilers, I think the difference is that @Henrik75 and @Implo were able to trade Currency for techs like Math, Monarchy, and Calendar. My AI do not have Calendar, and I'm locked in at 8 happiness in the cap, whereas @Implo is at a whopping size 13!

My great engineer will make up some ground in a second (55% chance of scientist), but I definitely do have some catching up to do.

@BornInCantaloup

Spoiler :

Re: Agriculture.

Edit. The agriculture thing is eh, it's the sacrifice for guaranteeing a great wall at 2520 BC for 75 hammers, and then Pyramids on 1680 BC. I think Henrik lost his Pyramids in 15XX BC, and Implo hit his Pyramids on 1600 BC. We're all playing a bit with fire with the timing.

I can't add much on this matter
Spoiler :
I haven't looked at other spoilers.
What I can say is that I have reconsidered my (admitteldly very different) tech path.
From Writing, I envision researching Fishing. And then, I have dismissed researching Aesth to trade for Alpha.
I have the feeling that researching CoL to trade for Alpha and making a beeline for Civil Service
Could
Allow to backtrack towards Aest -> Litt and, especially, secure Music more consistently. Remains to be seen.
I can see benefits from the earlier Caste switch (and potential Philo bulb).

On the Pyramids date, I could secure it T61 eot, for comparison. Yes it's late as well.

Alright, Part 2: to Liberalism is done. Thought I had my mic on, but I guess recording did not. Oh well, back to annotations.

Edit: Making videos drags the game out a bit I think. This is now a 2 hour game to Liberalism.... will try to speed up.
Edit 2: I think I will leave Henrik as the sole youtube content creator heh. Can create an occasional video in the future on a particular forum point though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom