Deity vs Immortal

Well brain lock turned a promising Time attempt into a 1250AD Dom win :cry: The praets work though. The problem I see with Darius is the immortals only upgrade to horse archers (6, and they lose the +25%), which means once the AI gets longbows you have to pause to build better units to continue keeping them under your thumb. With JC a couple CR3 praets are good until they can be upgraded to gerandiers. And yes in Time the AI will get longbows - you can't stay at war forever because of WW.

I never upgrade immortals. With my "conquer or destroy" tactic AI will have longbows quite late, but it only works at emperor or lower (maybe at immortal). If AI have longbows, immortals still can be used to destroy tiles, or they can stay in a city. What you have to afraid with immortals is spearman. That's why destroying copper and iron mines is important, conquering the city which have it as well.

I think you can't really see the main thing of my immortal tactic. It really prevents AI from developing, even if immortals are not the best city raiders. Also raging barbs have their importance as well. It's wonderful to see them marching close to my borders and going to my neighbour - after building the great wall.

immortals also gain their bonus vs. LB. If it's a new city, a well promoted immortal will have >50% to win.

Well, I haven't attacked an LB with an immortal, but the chance would be the same in a city which defense is reduced to 0 AND the LB is freshly upgraded.

Top Bottom