Denev's advanced rules mod

Bug occurs once a unit with Command captures any unit. Every other time they attack the unit they previously captured appears on their tile. Somewhere the unit that has been captured is getting called again, probably by a rogue 'This' statement.

If I can find an old savegame with Chalid kicking pants I'll upload it, but thats unlikely.

I haven't really tested the late game AI yet. Hopefully this current Rohanna game will be a goody. Going Empy anyways for super-rathas so Chalid will be roasting whatever he can get his Pillar of Fire on. I'll command him up and see if I can replicate the bug.

One annoyance I have is the inability to Fortify wounded units, you can only only fortify and heal.

Hey Denv. I'm trying to copy over one of your unofficial bug fixes involving the change to make city AI use the getNumCityPlots() function. However, in the AI_foodAvailable function, you have this line:

std::deque<bool> abPlotAvailable(getNumCityPlots(), false);

I get an error about deque not being a member of std when I add this to my code.

Hey Denv. I'm trying to copy over one of your unofficial bug fixes involving the change to make city AI use the getNumCityPlots() function. However, in the AI_foodAvailable function, you have this line:

std::deque<bool> abPlotAvailable(getNumCityPlots(), false);

I get an error about deque not being a member of std when I add this to my code.

You need to include this.
Code:
#include <deque>

But you have not to change "std::vector<bool>" to "std::deque<bool>".
"std::vector<bool>" is a failure of STL, but a potential problem isn't actualized in this DLL.

[to_xp]Gekko;9577758 said:
sweet as always ! :)
You cheer up me as always, thanks! :)

How and where do I install it?

Thanks,

Tschuggi
Thank you for your interest in my modmod.

1. Install FfH2 (Latest version is patch "o").
  2. Duplicate "Fall from Heaven 2" directory.
  3. Rename the duplicated directory (e.g. "Fall from Heaven 2 with Denev's modmod", or any other name)
  4. Overwrite the renamed directory with this modmod.
    (Copy "Assets", "Info", "PrivateMaps", "UserSettings" directory and paste them on your renamed directory.)
attention) Don't delete original Fall from Heaven 2 directory.

Just started the game, and one of my scouts moved next to a Scorpion clan fort. Now it cannot move away from it. It is stuck on the spot.

FFH patch o, 0.10 Denev mod.

Edit: No, it is more fundamental than that. Any time any unit moves near an enemy unit it becomes stuck and can only attack the enemy. Looks like some kind of Zone of Control has been attempted. The problem is, Zone of Control is not supposed to prevent your units from retreating from the enemy!

Edit2: Enemy units can still move away from the player, but the players units cannot move (except to attack) if an enemy unit is next door to it.

Attachments

• Hmm.CivBeyondSwordSave
    54.4 KB · Views: 79
Just started the game, and one of my scouts moved next to a Scorpion clan fort. Now it cannot move away from it. It is stuck on the spot.

FFH patch o, 0.10 Denev mod.

Edit: No, it is more fundamental than that. Any time any unit moves near an enemy unit it becomes stuck and can only attack the enemy. Looks like some kind of Zone of Control has been attempted. The problem is, Zone of Control is not supposed to prevent your units from retreating from the enemy!

Edit2: Enemy units can still move away from the player, but the players units cannot move (except to attack) if an enemy unit is next door to it.

Whoops!!
I re-uploaded a fixed version.
Please try it.

Thank you for your playing and reporting! :)

Whoops!!
I re-uploaded a fixed version.
Please try it.

Thank you for your playing and reporting! :)

No worries ;)

Tested with current game and it now works as intended. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Edit: Found a nasty C++ bug:

Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1022, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1591, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3073, in updateSelectionButtons

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Load the game. Then fortify the warrior - it will cycle to the lower worker named "worker 2". Then it will crash with the above message. Alternatively, simply select the "worker 2" and it will also happen.

Attachments

• Matt San AD-0094a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    126.8 KB · Views: 92
Hey Denev

Seem to be having a few issues healing units. The heal icon estimates 1 turn, but units can take ages to heal. Most of my army is pretty badly wounded and just won't heal, even with Vicars around.

Cheers

check your gameoptions by pressing F8. Maybe the hidden option "no healing for humans" is activated?

Ah, I forgot to update "List of changes".
I changed rules about turn healing.

A unit with mission "MISSION_FORTIFY" can not be healed. (Max fortified unit can be healed.)
A unit with mission "MISSION_HEAL" can not fortify. (Max healed unit can fortify.)

You can command either healing or fortifying.

What do you think about this change?
I want other player's comment.

Hmm, not a bad change, but that would explain the issues I was having.

Now that I know that, I'll play around with it a bit and let ya know.

Edit: Yea it is an issue. I cannot just heal. There is Heal and Fortify and Heal and Sentry, both of which prefer fortify over heal. So units can't heal outside of cities without being fortified for at least 5 turns.

Makes the 'Heal' spell goddamn vital.

It makes march and probably regeneration useless as you can't heal while moving anymore.

Not for me it doesn't. I have a unit with march and if it keeps on moving it's health won't come up. He was outside my cultural borders if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom