Department of Dot Maps

Conroe

√∞
I think our dot maps and discussions for city placement are getting lost in the Internal Affairs and Turnplay threads. So, I figured we could probably use a new thread just to discuss this important topic.

Maps updated as of 1030AD
We traded maps with Epsilon in 1030 AD

Our current minimap, enlarged by 200% ...

See the attachments below for a more detailed view of the world ...

Previous Map from 800AD
Previous Map from 150AD

Attachments

• mtdg_1030AD_Piffle.jpg
    mtdg_1030AD_Piffle.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 247
  • mtdg_1030AD_Epsilon.jpg
    mtdg_1030AD_Epsilon.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 220
  • mtdg_1030AD_Loco.jpg
    mtdg_1030AD_Loco.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 196
  • mtdg_1030AD_Innovia.jpg
    mtdg_1030AD_Innovia.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 213
  • mtdg_1030AD_Aloha.jpg
    mtdg_1030AD_Aloha.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 263
Since Balderdash just popped out a new Settler, some discussion is probably needed. I'm thinking he heads towards the silver. Here is a dot map that I've put together for the eastern half of our island.

I'm not real thrilled about the map, especially red dot. The silver city, aka green dot, is not a great city because of the sheer lack of food. But, it does pick up 2 important resources. I think our Settler should head for this city next.

Im going to be interested in seeing the other teams' starts to see if they have so many desert/plains/tundra/foodpoor tiles in their area. If we move the dots around a little, the plains hill spot in the east has an oasis, wheat, and corn, but isnt coastal... we can get the corn and crabs with a coastal city, but no horses...in the west, on the coast by Hamburger, is a desert hill to settle on that will include a wheat and some flood plains, I like it better than the other choices. I dont see an urgent need for horses.

I would kind of like to gamble and put one near the ivory...

I know it is a risk, and we would have to whip culture more than defense/growth initially. But, MAN, rice and ivory. Just gets the blood pumping.

If they already had that spot, then I would double back and plant on the pink spot.

If we don't go for the ivory, I would ask if there is anything west of Burger we should settle first? I think it is close to a given that we will be able to settle south of our core, almost at our leasure. There were some FP spots out west that could make for some quick growth.

OTHERWISE, I think it would be good to get the silver.

I like the silver site because of the happiness. We are already going to build forges everywhere for the double happiness on our gold. With a silver mine hooked up, it would be an easy +2 happiness everywhere. That would give Balderdash a size 9 happiness cap. Unfortunately, the silver and horses are the only good thing about this city. With irrigation we could grow it enough to be a mediocre production city one day.

It looks like there are 2 sources of silver at the site down south. I'm not sure if this changes anything, though.

The problem is we pick up more useless ice tiles by trying to get this 2nd silver mine inside the city radius. You just had to put that peak in that spot, did you Sirian? :(

If there was a source of food somewhere, I'd move the city in a heartbeat. As it is, I'd hate to settle on the riverside tundra as that tile can be farmed.

I'm totally against the silver site at this stage, and am thinking stretch for the ivory, or settle the western fps. On the east, the pink is not an ideal city, but has strategic importance, and will at least get the wheat and 3gpt coasts. What about moving red 1S and blue 1W for a better fit??

Would someone care to do some dotmapping of our western lands?

I'm thinking a city atop that desert hill would pick up wheat and 3 of the floodplains, but lose the riverside health bonus. Our Settler is currently (50BC) standing atop that plains hill.

Here are the latest satelite views of the world.

Top Bottom