Department of Nomenclature – Term 1

Crouching Tiger?

But I do like Pink Panther. If an enemy penetrates all the way to the capital, maybe we can kill them with laughter. :p

De dant, de dant, de dant, de dant, de dant, de dant, de dant, de-daaa ...

I agree, Crouching Tiger fits, especially as he will be fortifyed for quite a while (he's going to the capital guard, right?).

While I like Crouching Tiger, I would prefer it if we cycled through as many different types of felines before reusing some with different adjectives.

Since we have Shadow Tiger, I think we should try to use a different feline.

Felines to consider: Panther, Bobcat, Lynx, Cheetah, Leopard, Cougar, Jaguar, Liger, Lion, Tigon, etc.

How about "Iron Jaguar" – sounds like a tough defensive unit to me!

And as a side note: I think "Eternal Eye" would make an awesome city name! (good one Lost Civ!) :thumbsup:

Felines to consider: Panther, Bobcat, Lynx, Cheetah, Leopard, Cougar, Jaguar, Liger, Lion, Tigon, etc.

Panther is a good place to start....
Veiled Panther
Savvy Panther
Stalwart Panther
Shrouded Panther

I like Iron Jaguar or Veiled Panther.

What do you all prefer out of these 2?

I like Veiled Panther myself.

Iron Jaguar isn't a dark name, (and I thought we we're going with the dark feline theme)

I like Iron Jaguar, but it would fit better with a later unit (ie a swordsman or an axeman).

Yeah - maybe save the Iron thing for later.

Veiled Panther get's my vote

(But I really like the "Stalwart" adj. that Peter came up with - lets keep that in mind for later)

Sorry to throw this out into the mix with the choice of a warrior name, but we need to decide the following as well:

New City Name (10 turns away)

If we want to name the settler (he will go away after 3 turns of runnign to his new city)

I suggested "Eternal Eye" eariler.

Other ideas are "The Omniscient Eye".

Since we are heading for the darker areas of names, something else to think about is to make 1984ish Orwellian type names.

I really like "Eternal Eye" - it still has a dark edge to it, fits our theme, and even continues the E.E. pattern of our capital.

Also - as this will likely be a holy city, I think having "eternal" in the name is extra fitting somehow.

Veiled Panther it is for the warrior.

I like Eternal Eye as well.

Any other suggestions?

I like Eternal Eye... but I dont' think we need to name the Settler. If we have several settlers out-and-about, then naming might help keep things simple, but no need at this point.

I'm really a fan of the Orwellian potential, but I'll have to brush-up a bit first ;)

Seems as if there's a bit of support for the next city (possibly a holy one!) to be called Eternal Eye, unless I'm misreading things.

Just for the sake of variety (so people don't think there aren't choices):
Eternal Gaze
Maddening Sight
Eternal Light
Sacred Oracle
Astral Plain
I'm just putting these out here for fun. My favorite is Eternal Eye.

Memphus said:
A warrior was produced in the Capital:
1. He needs a name

Our next feline is Bobcat. We need an adjective to go along with it.

Suggestions?

Top Bottom