Dept. of Turnplay too

I got a message back from Killercane and that's what he said regarding player change. We should see coal next turn.

now that MIA is deploying bombers, I recommend we stop building frigates and privateers and instead focus on survival. this probably means building infantry to shore up the coastal cities from Marine/bomber assault. we need to recognize where thier bombers can hit our shores (without carriers) for now. Having played just a few turns ago, I realize the workers have a lot to do, but we ought to think about a barracade line, so if they hit a city, then can't advance thru our entire empire in 1 turn.

grahamiam said:
...we ought to think about a barracade line, so if they hit a city, then can't advance thru our entire empire in 1 turn.

Whats with all the negative thinking? Oh, wait. Now I remember ;)

Yep. The lethal bombardment of bombers will create a lot of problems near the capital. I planned to get the 2nd furs online so if one is bombed we will hopefully have a second to maintain. I will start placing units on the borders since they have the capability to land faster with transports/destoryers.

We'll need to put our boats in drydock until we get the tech. Privateers don't have a upgrade path iirc so we may want to disband them.

hmm. disbanding them in our coastal cities should provide shields correct?

Tubby Rower said:
hmm. disbanding them in our coastal cities should provide shields correct?
Yep. I'll bring them into harbor and disband for shields.

I was going to suggest moving the palace to a more central location but I'm not sure how beneficial that will be at this point....:confused:

The vessels will be the first to be destroyed by the bombers. Get the shields from them while we can. We need to get some spies very soon. How long until espionabge?

Hey! No pushing and shoving, guys, to be first in line for the next turn. Just have patience. :p

Seriously, Whomp, I feel so bad for you. :( It must feel like having a 1/4 inch of flesh sliced off every day, starting with fingers and toes and gradually working up to wrists, elbows, ankles, etc. If it were my personal game, I'd have packed it in long ago. Since that isn't sportsmanlike, a team game must continue, but you have my greatest admiration for seeing it through. You are my hero!!! :goodjob:

Well, gma, if it was the AI at this point playing M.I.A, it actually wouldnt be so hard to take back the empire.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so smug about it. That email from Fe3333au really tee'd me off. It makes me a little reflective in what we could have done differently, Crakie style. :p

Thanks for everything you two....and everyone really.

I love you guys, man. :cry:

That just makes it all the worse. Sorta like going to a friend, sticking out your chin and saying, "Take your best shot!"...and they DO it...repeatedly. :sad:

BTW, ansar, where'd your frog jump off to?

Yeah, terrific. Way to hang in there Whomper.

Now can someone tell me how far way we are from espionage?

Sir Bugsy said:
Now can someone tell me how far way we are from espionage?

we're not researching it, we're under 30 turns from commie.

nutters are researching corporation (who knows why there not stealing techs now), so really if the nutters changed tech plans it'd probably be about 4 turns from espionage but we're a long way off.

I should be able to play this tonight. Feel free to grab it if you have time.. .Any special instructions? storm the castle? save the princess from Prince Humperdink? Start a war in Gilderland?

I'm not sure what to suggest right now. We're in deep "doodoo" if they can get to the mountain with a stack. I would keep using obsolete units there LBs, MI, rifle conscripts. Remember to protect the workers (on tundra near Malice ready to make a road) with units since they can land on them too.

how many have you been storing on the no-land-zone?

btw, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings the other day ... and I LOVE IT!!!

I've been putting 3 at a time. I've tried to avoid risking the con and vet infantry.

playing now

Top Bottom