Design a Unit 3 contest (public poll)

Which unit do you tihnk should be added to FfH?

• Blood Hawk

Votes: 39 15.4%
  • Divided Soul

Votes: 50 19.7%
  • Ghost Pirate

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Mana Freak

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Mime

Votes: 36 14.2%
  • The Restless

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Trickster

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • Wild Mage

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Will'o'wisp

Votes: 35 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the mime, since it is stealing other units promotions, does that mean it does not gain its own (meaning it does not level)

For the mime, since it is stealing other units promotions, does that mean it does not gain its own (meaning it does not level)
Good question. And XP? Let us assume mime kills an archmage. He becomes an arcane unit with 0 exp and a bunch of promotions? (Or he remains melee unit?) And what about hero promotion?

I think it shoud become an exact copy of defeated unit (including skin, power, level, XP, and religion) with only addition of mime promo.

Let us make a restriction: if mime defeats undead unit then he has no way back and then can mimic only undead units. The same with demons and angels.

Also we can add small withdrawal chance as a property of mime promo and ability to mimic even after withdrawal. That would be really interesting.

imagine, you mimick archeron... and then, you are attacked by a warrior, it loses.. and your mimed archeron becomes a warrior .. :)

The blood hawk really shouldn't be a UU, but an upgraded form of the birds for everyone (with slightly different flavor units, like hawks/raven/parrots have). It seems like a waste to implement archers as interceptors for only one minor UU, but would be fine if everyone could have attack birds. Birds tend to become worthless later in the game without any upgrades (except for grafting into flesh golems, where they are amazing and probably overpowered. But don't take the ability away, I'm just getting used to this exploit. ) (Why did we have ot limit the contest to those 4 civs? There were plenty of sugestions tat would be better for the barbs, r for everyone.)
I think it works well for just one civ (though without the interception chance on marksmen); I'm imagining a svaralfar shadow being protected by nearby hunters whose ravens intercept other birds that try to find the shadow. making a sneaky civ sneakier, but not expanded to everyone to keep the birds still useful.
Assuming recon missions are prone to interception, which I'm not 100% sure of, it's been while since I played unmodded Civ.

Yippee! My unit is in the poll!

Normally, it should steal special abilities, but as I'm not good and progamming, I don't know if this is possible, so I proposed the idea with the promotions as an alternative. Yes, this would make the mimes not gain promotions (the same way the golems do).

Good question. And XP? Let us assume mime kills an archmage. He becomes an arcane unit with 0 exp and a bunch of promotions? (Or he remains melee unit?) And what about hero promotion?

I think it shoud become an exact copy of defeated unit (including skin, power, level, XP, and religion) with only addition of mime promo.

Let us make a restriction: if mime defeats undead unit then he has no way back and then can mimic only undead units. The same with demons and angels.

Also we can add small withdrawal chance as a property of mime promo and ability to mimic even after withdrawal. That would be really interesting.

If the promotion alternative is chosen, I would say that the mime don't belong to any unit branch and therefore can't gain promotions.
About the undead thing: Mimes are masters of copying their enemies but they don't become their enemy. Assuming that the mime is able to 'transform' to their former enemy. Why wouldn't they be able to transform from an undead back to a human?

But I really like the idea with the withdrawal chance. This would be indeed interesting.

As I read it, the ideal implementation of the Mime means that it gets the abilities of an Unpromoted version of the unit it attacked. So then modify it by the promotions you have selected, and in the end the Mime's ability is almost not noticeable once you get sufficiently large EXP levels.

I really *can't* choose among 3 of these... what should I do to vote all of them ? :D (they are the raven, the wisp and mime).

the original plan is for it to steal special abilities.

This would make it useless because once I see a Mime I would attack it with my crappiest unit (can even be a summon...), turn it into the same and kill it with my next attack.

you won't know... maybe the warrior is the mime, or maybe the axeman ... :)

the original plan is for it to steal special abilities.
This would make it useless because once I see a Mime I would attack it with my crappiest unit (can even be a summon...), turn it into the same and kill it with my next attack.

Your threat is taken into account. I will never let my little Mime walk alone. Only in stack with stronger units.

Ah, but if it's the strongest unit in the stack you won't have a choice :)
I'm coming round to that a bit - I voted for Sureshot's Trickster, but then I can't imagine it'll take her more than 10 minutes to mod it in and try it out herself anway :)
you won't know... maybe the warrior is the mime, or maybe the axeman ...
The only way that'd work is if you weren't able to see the mime promotion on the enemy units.

Then mime's aims are not strongest units but spellcasters. In any case there is much to play with.

The only way that'd work is if you weren't able to see the mime promotion on the enemy units.
Good idea by the way. The only problem is that Kael will have a number of issue reports on misterious transformations.

I'm coming round to that a bit - I voted for Sureshot's Trickster, but then I can't imagine it'll take her more than 10 minutes to mod it in and try it out herself anway :)
ya when i was thinking of a unit i thought "what would i make that could be done without too much trouble, that i would like to use" and put it on a tech that could use a unit heh

i was almost going to make the unit and show pictures but i decided against it heh

sniff.. mine didnt... :lol: but it was a stupid idea anyway..

for me the only one that really hits me as unique and new, but not overly complicated is the "Divided Soul"

The possibilties for scouting with this are fantastic, and would a new edge to this part of the game. Great idea!

I actually think it would. I mean, you'd be miles away with the divided soul. It would take ages to get back to where you were, I'm assuming you'd want to if it were important enough to scream about. ;)

Top Bottom